Destruction of the Hidden Leaf - An A-rank Mission

Reina's P.O.V.

Kakashi and Uncle Gai were prepared to head over and help the Hokage, but were abruptly stopped by the numerous Anbu that rushed over first. My eyes widened as the Anbu attacked at the incoming ninjas that infiltrated the Village. I knew they were known for not holding back, but I didn't expect this.  After a minute, the roof above where the Kages were staying was boxed in by this square and gloomy purple barrier.

I gasped and started to make my down the stairs, pushing past Uncle Guy. The Hokage was in danger! But before I could even make my way down, Sound Village ninja and one Anbu appeared in front of me. I stopped and glared at the man disguised as one of our Anbu. His hands were still forming the hand sign he most likely used for the genjutsu.

I looked over at Gai. "What do we do?" I asked him.

Uncle Gai motioned to Naruto, "You-- Wait, Kakashi, look inside the barrier!" He shouted.

We all looked over at the barrier. Inside of it, the Hokage was being held by Orochimaru himself, who was disguised as the Kazekage. My eyes widened. That man... He was here.

"Sasuke-kun!" Sakura shouted, standing up and peering down at the arena.

I looked as well, taking notice he was no longer there. The same going for Gaara. I could tell that Sajura felt uneasy with Sasuke suddenly disappearing from the arena like that, but we couldn't really control what he did. I ran over to Sakura.

"Sakura..." I muttered out. Sakura looked at me, her eyes wide with fear and worry for Sasuke and perhaps the Village too. "He's okay, alright? Don't worry about it so much. Sasuke can handle himself--"

"Reina!" Sakura shouted as the Sound ninja finally decided to take action. I spun around and prepared to block their attack with my dagger in hand. However, Kakashi stood in front of me, blocking the attack instead.

Kakashi looked back at us, "Sakura... stay there for a while, I'm going to go lower the number of enemies we have." He mused with a closed eye smile. He then looked at me, his eyes seeming to examine me. "Reina, wake Naruto and the others up. Keep them out of harm's way."

My eyes widened. Kakashi was actually talking to me and acknowledging my existence. 'Wasn't he mad at me? I thought I was useless to him? Maybe it's because Sakura is here... Yeah, that has to be it.' I thought, quickly shaking it off. Sakura and I nodded. Kakashi leaped over the seats and immediately went into battle with the enemy ninja. Right now my only concern was keeping myself and the others safe. Speaking of that...

"Hey, Sakura." I called out.

Sakura looked up at me, "Y-yeah?" She breathed out.

"Come with me to get the others. You know more about genjutsu than I do, and I don't think it's safe for you to stay here." I told her, holding my hand out for her. "This isn't going to be an easy mission, after all..."

"Mission?" She questioned.

I nodded, a frown on my lips. "Yeah, it's kind of like out mission from the Land of Waves, remember?" I went on.

"An A-rank." We both said in unison.

Sakura stood up and rushed towards Naruto and Shika along with me.

"Wait!"

We both turned around. Kakashi looked at us, cutting his finger with his kunai. "Go after Sasuke..." He ordered, quickly making handsigns and slamming his hand against the ground. "Summoning Jutsu!"

Kakashi summoned Pakkun for us. I smiled lightly as Pakkun walked over to us, preparing to tag along side us for our mission to retrieve Sasuke.

"Pakkun will help you find Sasuke. Now go, both of you!" He ordered.

We both nodded, our eyes narrowed in determination. I started to run, but Sakura smacked me over the head and shoved me to the floor.

"You baka!" She hissed quietly.

I glared at her, "What did I do?!" I retorted back, griping the handle if my dagger tightly.

She frowned, "There are a ton of enemy ninja nearby. We need to sneak past them so we can get to Naruto and Shikamaru without causing any problems for Kaka-sensei." She explained, shaking her head at me. "Now start crawling to them. Go!"

I grunted in annoyance but did as I was told. She was right, I should have been more careful. But instead I was letting everything that was happening get to me. I placed my dagger onto my shoulder. It melted and formed a brace around my shoulder for the time being. I started to crawl over to Naruto and Shika, Sakura following close behind me. I crawled onto the next step and hid close to Naruto. Sakura sat on her knees and looked at me.

"Now release the genjutsu." She told me.

I furrowed my eyebrows together and made the handsigns to release the genjutsu. "Release!" I muttered, quickly tapping my fingers on the back of Naruto.

Naruto twitched and a groan escaped past his lips. I grinned widely, feeling relieved that he was okay. Naruto say up, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Huh? What's going on?" He muttered out. I opened my mouth to speak, but Naruto and I were shoved to the ground by Sakura. "Be careful!"

My eyes widened as a kunai flew past us, clashing against the wall just behind us. 'And to think I was just about to yell at this woman for constantly shoving me to the ground...' I thought sheepishly.

"We can explain later, okay? Just stay low." She demanded.

I crawled away from Naruto for the time being, and hovered over Shika with Sakura. Sakura stared intensely at Shika.

"What is it?" I asked, glancing between her and Shika.

Sakura grimaced in annoyance. "Shikamaru...you were...from the beginning..." She mumbled out.

I deadpanned. 'This idiot was awake the entire time...wasn't he?' Pakkun walked over to Shika and bit his leg, causing Shika to startle up and shake Pakkun off.

"Ow!" He exclaimed in pain.

Sakura pointed at Shikamaru accusingly, "You were able to break the genjutsu too! Why were you pretending to be asleep!?" She hissed.

Shika grabbed ahold of Pakkun's collar and lifted him into the air, squeezing his cheeks together as he did. "I didn't want to get myself involved... Heck no! I could care less about Sasuke." He answered truthfully.

My eye twitched, "You know you're an idiot, right?" I retorted.

Shika glared at me and placed Pakkun down. "Whatever..." He groaned.

I rolled my eyes and looked over at my shoulder, watching as Naruto noticed what was taking place around us. His eyes widened at all the people who were knocked out around the bleachers. That was when a Sound ninja appeared behind Naruto, ready to attack.

My eyes flew open. "Naruto!" Sakura and I both called out.

Before the Sound ninja could even lay a hand on Naruto, Uncle Gai appeared and smashed the Sound ninja into the wall behind Naruto. My eyes widened. I had forgot how fast he was.

"So fast..." Sakura breathed out in awe.

Uncle Gai smirked, "Not just fast..." He bragged, pulling his arm back. And then he did it, he smashed the Sound ninja through the wall, throwing him who knows where.

I rushed over to Naruto, checking to see if he had any wounds on him whatsoever. "Hey, you okay?" I asked him, placing the back of my hand on his forehead.

Naruto nodded, his eyes filled with confusion. Before I could say anything else, Kakashi jumped over to where we were all sitting. He looked over at us from over his shoulder.

"Now, I'll explain the mission."