Doubts - Realistic Hallucinations

Reina's P.O.V

I practically watched my younger self take small steps towards me, with pure mischief in her eyes. I gulped. 'Did I look like this with Kakashi and Iruka when I was younger?!' I asked myself, now questioning my own sanity. She raised her fist at me and glared down at me, fire in her eyes.

I shut my eyes, waiting for the impact of her punches. Nothing ever came. I brought my hands away from my face as I slowly opened my eyes in confusion. As soon as I opened my eyes, I saw her sticking her hand out for me. She wanted me to shake it.

She titled her head to the side, confused to why I didn't shake her hand. I stayed silent. "Do...do you know, um, how to shake hands?" She asked me, even having to think about what it was called

I didn't say anything. 'I really was innocent and pure when I was younger, huh?' I thought sadly, 'My life really has changed from then...' I sighed and straightened myself up. By doing so, I happened to make my younger self worry.

"Ey?! Where-? Are you leaving!?" She shouted, rushing towards me.

I jumped back from her, seeing she raised her voice to a point beyond shouting. It was like she was screaming. I couldn't believe my eyes. She was shaking and all, but it was her eyes that caught my attention. They darkened tremendously and stared into my soul. I was starting to take back the ideas of her being innocent and pure. Something was wrong with her.

She shook, "Are you...scared of me?! Why are you looking at me like that!" She screamed, her hair flaring around with her anger.

I shook my hands in front of me nervously, "A-Ah, why do you think t-that?" I blurted out, "Just calm down, darling... You're going to make me scared. Please, calm down..."

She continued to shake in anger even with my little speech. I sweat dropped, 'I'm starting to think that all my words are going in one ear, and out the other... This isn't good.'

"Y-You're scared of me! Why are you scared!? I didn't do anything!" She screamed, tears pouring out her eyes. Her tears were glowing and her hair was too.

The way this was heading was going to lead to nothing but destruction. The question was, 'Was... No, am I really a monster? Was I ever one?' I just wanted the answer to this. Still, even after years of spending my life in the Leaf Village, my questions haven't been answered. Maybe everyone was hiding the answers from me. I could be a monster, or a girl with a monster inside of her body; soul.

"N-No, stop! I didn't say anything related to you being a monster, trust me, Reina! I wouldn't betray you like this all of a sudden!" I shouted, waving my hand in front of me defensively.

Sweat was dripping down the side of my face like a waterfall. I was really afraid for my life here. I didn't know what to exactly, but I was knew that Reina, er, the younger version of myself wasn't happy with me at the moment. She wanted to kill me.

"Please, t-trust me..." I begged, giving her a pleading look. I didn't want to harm her. I just couldn't bring myself to injuring a child...

Her lip was trembling like crazy, she was on the brink of tears; an endless waterfall of tears to be exact.

"T-Trust?" She asked me, "Daddy told me t-to always trust him and mama, but..." She trailed off, her louds sobs taking over.

She clenched her fists together and looked me straight in the eye. I saw pure bloodlust. It was just like Sasuke, during the exams when that purple aura took over him. He wanted to shed blood. As my eyes widened, I took a step back in fear. A wave of nausea came over me, knocking me to the ground. I fell on my knees.

"N-No... It can't be..." I muttered in horror as she walked towards me. As she was walking towards me, I could only look at what, no who was standing behind her. This had to be a dream of some sorts. Why was he here too!?

"K-Kakashi..." I gasped.

Kakashi was standing behind Reina with a kunai in hand, and the kunai happened to be covered in blood. 'Who's blood was it?' I wondered out of curiosity. She didn't seem to hear me from what I could tell. She continued to walk towards me, her hand raised like she was about to attack me. My breath hitched in my throat as Kakashi mimicked her movements, but with a bloody kunai.

"S-Stop, get away!" I hissed out, narrowing my eyes to a silt.

She cocked her head to the side and scratched her cheek innocently. He did the same once again.

"Why?" Was all she replied with. Kakashi's voice could be heard faintly if I listened carefully.

I didn't answer.

"Are...are you scared of me?" They asked.

I nodded, being truthful. "Y-Yes..." I replied.

"But Reina, I haven't even done anything yet."

I gasped. She said my name without me even telling her. She knew all along who I was, didn't she!? This was a sick joke of some sorts!

"How do you know my name!" I screamed, standing up even if it pained me to do so. It felt like I was going to topple over and throw up any second now. "Tell me!"

A smirk made its way to her lips, and her eyes gleamed darkly. A giggle passed her lips, while a chuckle could be heard from Kakashi. "I know things about you that you don't even know about yourself." She told me, answering my question somewhat. I was only starting to further question things by this. What did she mean? How was it possible that she knew more about me? We were the same person.

But Kakashi wasn't...

I froze and looked her in the eye, occasionally glancing at Kakashi. "You...you didn't." I stated bitterly.

I was putting two and two together. Reina was being withheld by the Village Shinobi men and as we were running away from them, I swear I heard people screaming. Could it possibly be because they were attacked, more or less, getting killed? It all makes sense. Kakashi had a bloody kunai, while my younger self was...faking innocence this whole time. She wasn't what I thought she was.

She grinned slyly and giggled, "Oh, so you figured it out, huh?" She mused.

I scoffed, "...Of course I did, you're not who I thought you were, right? You're just like they say, a monster. Nothing more." I said.

She laughed and clapped her hands, "Bravo, bravo! You did it, you solved the mystery!" She went on. She eyed me with hunger, "It looks like I won't be needing this anymore."

She clapped her hands together and I almost pissed my pants on the spot. Her mouth was stained red. Blood was dripping out the corner of her mouth and onto her clothing. I couldn't believe my eyes. She was literally covered in blood from head to toe. She looked like a literal monster! Just like all those men were saying back there... Then, a certain thought came into mind.

"Who's blood is that all over you?" I asked, looking her in the eye. "Who did you kill!?"

She jumped in glee and waved her hand in the air, "Oh, oh, I know!" She yelled out.

I glared at her for acting like such an idiotic child at a time like this.

"Then answer me already." I spat out.

Little Reina grinned, showing off her blood coated teeth. She tilted her head to the side and gave me the answer to my questions. I gasped in horror. My hands slowly made their way to my mouth, covering it in shock. 'No way... Why-... She couldn't have!' I screamed.

"Mama and Papa didn't listen to me..."

I let out an ear piercing scream. Tears pricked my eyes.

"I had no other choice."