Neji's Power - The Hyuga's Outstanding Power

Reina's View

Naruto had made the same amount of clones as he did the first time. All of his Shadow Clones let out battle cries and charged straight for Neji. Neji easily countered and pushed past Naruto's Shadow Clones. I couldn't help but clench my teeth in worry for Naruto. I believed in him with all my might, but Neji was something else. He was on a whole other level. To be able to mercilessly fight your cousin to the point where she could die is just unbelievable. I squeezed my eyes shut. 'Naruto, I know you can do it! I just know you can!' I thought, my eyes flying wide open as I glanced back down at the fight.

As Neji stood there in confidence, Naruto's clones heaved in exhaustion. I could see Neji smirk cockily. I furrowed my eyebrows together in worry and glared down at Neji. Neji ran and brushed past a good amount of the Shadow Clones. I was confused. Why in the world was Neji avoiding the Shadow Clones? That was when it hit me. His kekkei genkai: the Byakugan. He must have spotted the real Naruto! Before I could lean over the edge and warn Naruto, Neji had already reached the Naruto he seemed to be going for. The tips of his fingers were pressed right where Naruto's heart was.

"N-Naruto..." I croaked out in horror, as one by one all of his clones vanished in thin air.

Naruto coughed up blood. His body was trembling under the tips of Neji's fingers. 'This can't be-- Naruto couldn't have lost this quickly! I just know it, dammit.' While Naruto's form was bent over, arms touching the ground. Neji eyed him, seeming to believe he had an easy win. Naruto's hunched over form slowly rose and he looked Neji in the eye with blood dripping out the side of his mouth. I gulped. What Naruto said next made me shiver and smile in excitement and anticipation.

"I've been telling you to not assume things." He muttered out with a chuckle before vanishing.

My eyes widened and I gasped in awe. I was grinning like an idiot. The real Naruto hadn't been found. That was another one of his clones playing a role. I bit my lip and stared down at the arena waiting for the real Naruto to show himself. Neji was dumbstruck and he spun around only to come face to face with two clones of Naruto. The two clones went in for a punch, and as soon as one of them landed a hit on Neji, some mysterious force threw them both back. I watched carefully as Neji stopped spinning around. Was that one of the Hyuga's special jutsu's?

Despite being thrown back, Naruto stood up and quickly made six clones of himself and surrounded Neji from all sides. As they did before, all the clones rushed in at once ready to attack. However, it proved to be futile as Neji once again blew them all away. I eyed Neji carefully. Everything that Naruto seemed to be doing to try and attack Neji had proved to be useless. Neji's control of his chakra was really giving him an upper hand in this battle.

Naruto isn't the greatest when it comes to chakra control, but if he keeps practicing he'll get the hang of it in no time. I shut my eyes and took a deep breath. 'That's right. Naruto can do this if he really tries. This is the same as him practicing to control his chakra or some jutsu. He just needs to find Neji's weak point and he'll do just fine from then on.' I thought, as a small smile made its way to my face. 'I just have to put all my faith into Naruto. I have to stop worrying.'

I opened my eyes and looked down at Naruto, "You got this, Naruto." I muttered out softly.

We all continued to watch their battle. Naruto made his way off the ground and faced Neji once more. Neji struck a pose and prepared to attack. Neji ran at Naruto.

"8 tetragrams...2 palms!" He shouted, hitting Naruto in his lower abdomen and neck.

"4 palms!" He rapidly struck Naruto four times.

"8 palms!" I watched in shock, as Naruto was not able to make a move with Neji's quick attacks.

"16 palms!" Naruto winced and groaned in pain while Neji continued, the number of how many times he would get hit increasing largely.

"32 palms!" I gasped. Neji only got quicker and I was starting to get worried at this point. Neji was much more than I anticipated. He had so much more power than what was shown in the preliminary round.

"64 palms!" Neji shouted once more, stopping at that number. The force of all Neji's hits threw Naruto back.

Naruto was sprawled out across the ground. My eyes were wide at the scene before me. 'No...No way! Did Naruto lose?' I wondered, deep worry spreading across my face. I know I had said that I would try to not worry about Naruto knowing that he has so much power and determination to win, but this... I didn't expect Neji to use such a powerful attack on Naruto! If this is like Neji's other attacks, then he must have closed all of Naruto's chakra points. The spectator calling the wins and losses down in the battleground with Naruto and Neji, inched towards Naruto's unmoving form.

"Naruto! Get up!" I yelled. I was not ready for the match to end now. Naruto had so much more to prove! He was supposed to show everyone that he had so much more than they thought he had!

"It's over."

My eyes flew wide-open, "N-No way..." I muttered.

"I pressed the 64 Chakra points all over your body," Neji stated. "You can't even stand."

Naruto shook helplessly as he tried to get up from the ground.

Neji chuckled, "Are you frustrated? Kneeling down before the power that can't be changed and knowing you're powerless. Your dreams will come true if you just work hard..." Neji said with another small chuckled. "That's just an illusion."

I grit my teeth together in anger. I wanted to go down there and knock some sense into that annoying ass Hyuga! He had no right telling Naruto that what he was doing to get stronger was just an illusion. Naruto had worked so hard to get to this point. I may not have known him for his whole life or for even a decent amount of time to really know him, but I do know that Naruto's determination is life changing. His power to believe that he can succeed is all he needs to get far in life, even if people constantly put him down. These are all just some blocks in the road for him as he continues to go down the path of becoming the next Hokage. He will get there. He will become the Hokage one day. He has been working so hard for this and he will not stop now. This is just another test for him.

"Show him what you got, Naruto." I whispered, my eyes watering as I noticed that he started to get up despite having all of his Chakra points pressed.

Naruto shook as he made his way up and faced Neji. He trembled and panted. Neji's eyes widened slightly and he grit his teeth together, "He... No way." He said.

Naruto panted, "I told you...didn't I?" Naruto breathed out, smiling as blood oozed out from the side of his mouth. "I don't know when to give up."

Tears rolled down my cheeks. I smiled widely like an idiot and fist bumped the air. Naruto was back in the game.