Thirst For Blood - Death In The Air

Reina's P.O.V

"Naruto, where are you, baka!?" I hissed as I bit my lip hard enough to draw blood, I frowned in worry. "Please just be alright. I don't need anymore loved ones leaving me." I whispered, sighing at the now obvious fact I had changed ever since joining the Hidden Leaf.

To my right I could hear faint, muffled screams and pleas. Hope welled up in the pit of my stomach. Behind that tree! I leaped to the other side of the tree and smiled. Naruto was on the ground tied up in ropes, struggling to get free. I ran up to him quickly cutting him free with a kunai, I yanked the wrappings around his mouth off.

"REINA--!" Naruto started, but was cut off by my hand.

My eyebrow twitched. "Baka, be quiet!" I hissed, "There could be enemies nearby!"

Naruto sweat dropped and scratched his cheek. "Gomen, Reina-chan..." He apologized sheepishly.

I sighed a bit in annoyance, but a smile found its way to my lips. "It's fine, lets just get going back to the others. I know Sasuke can handle himself and so can Sakura, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Come on." I said, standing up.

Naruto stood up and began to run off. I followed him, as I did I would tell him which way to go every now and then when he forgot. We made it in four minute tops. Sasuke walked over to us with his sharingan activated, he glanced at Naruto and nodded acknowledging his presence.

"Where was he?" Sasuke asked, quirking an eyebrow at me.

I pointed to a random tree nearby, "The baka was behind a tree tied up and everything. I think he had enough time to do his...business...before he was tied up." I coughed, blushing slightly. "Anyways, we should keep going and away from this area for the time being. Who knows if we're being targeted again." I said.

Sasuke nodded. "Hn, did you give Sakura a weapon?" He asked, as we made our way to a small clearing.

I smirked, "Yes I did, if I remember correctly, it's a jagged blade of mine. If you're wondering why I gave it to her, let's just say I had hope in her that she would be able to wield it when she needs to protect herself or us." I stated.

Sasuke smirked back, but a little teasingly, "You're getting soft." He deadpanned.

I growled, "Shut up, you wannabe duck!" I sneered, stomping away in anger, not waiting for his reaction.

I sat down in the clearing waiting for the others to arrive and sit as well. We were about to discuss our plan or our next moves for the next five days in this forest. Sasuke sat down in front of me and Naruto sat in my left while Sakura took my right.

Sasuke glanced at each one of us, "If there's an instance that we become separated, don't trust him if he looks like your teammate. Like just now, there's a possibility that an enemy well transform to get close to us." Sasuke said, explaining it well.

"Yeah." Naruto agreed, nodding.

"What exactly are you trying to say, Sasuke?" I asked.

"Yeah, what are we going to do, Sasuke-kun?" Sakura asked.

Sasuke looked at me, "We'll decide on a password." He stated.

I rose an eyebrow, not sure if this was really going to work. "Password?" Naruto and I mused, curiously.

Sasuke placed his thumb next to the corner of his mouth, "Listen, if the password is incorrect, no matter what he looks like...assume he is an enemy!" Sasuke said.

"Alright, what's this password of yours?" I asked.

"Here's the password, and listen closely, I'll only say it once." Sasuke stated, as we all nodded motioning him to go on. "You ask, Ninja song, 'Ninja Chance.' And the reply is this: 'It is the chance to sneak up where a large number of enemies is making a scene. The quiet place has no secret hideout. It is important for a Shinobi to know the right time. The time when an enemy is tired and drops his guard.' That's it." Sasuke explained the whole password.