Neji vs. Naruto - Just the Beginning!

Reina's View

Screams and chants rang throughout the arena as soon as I entered. The sound of people chattering away and gambling filled my ears. I shook my head. They thought this was a game, when in reality it was a battle to the death. Well, that was how it looked in my opinion.

I quickly made my through the arenas door and up the stairs that led me to all the other spectators and such. I sighed and decided not to sit down seeing as it was beyond packed. This was one of the moments where I would prefer stand rather than sit down. I crossed my arms and glanced down at the arena where those who won the preliminary rounds were standing together. That was when it finally hit me.

'Sasuke? Naruto? Where were they?' I wondered, as I scanned the arena once more to make sure I didn't accidentally overlook them. It was pretty common that Naruto was late, but for Sasuke to be late... this was odd. Almost as if Naruto knew I was thinking about his disappearance, he slid into the arena face first.

I rose an eyebrow, "Naruto?"

The crowd mumbled under their breath at how he decided to show up. I could only listen in to all of the criticism he was receiving. Naruto was something, but he could handle himself. I know can take good care of himself.

I watched Shika walk over to Naruto and lend him a hand. I smiled at this and thanked Shika for helping that knucklehead get back to his feet. The proctor said something to them and both Naruto and Shika whipped their heads up towards the crowds and spectators. I could see Naruto's eyes glisten in excitement. He was ready to take on his opponent. I bit my lip as I recalled who his opponent was. My eyes wandered over to him.

Long brown hair and pale purple looking eyes, eyes that can pierce through one's heart and cause them to question their own life. That was my description of the one who Naruto would be facing; Neji Hyuga. I glared at him with all my heart. I scoffed, 'Hyuga, you better watch yourself. If you hurt Naruto to the point where he becomes slower than he already is, I will be coming after you.'

Myself, along with everyone else around me, jumped as the Hokage started to speak.

"Everyone, thank you very much for coming to the Village Hidden in the Leaves Chunin Exam. We will now begin the final round matches for the eight who made it through the preliminaries! Please watch until the end!" He announced.

I furrowed my eyebrows together and glanced down at the arena. Still no Sasuke. This was very odd of Sasuke. Normally, he would show up to things like this earlier than most. I shook my head rapidly. I shouldn't be thinking of him at a moment like this. It's his fault for not showing up, not mine. I shouldn't even be worrying about a stuck up kid like him.

All the other contestants besides Naruto and Neji walked back up into the stands. Taking a deep breath, I looked down at Naruto and Neji who now faced each other as their match was about to begin. Naruto punched the air and said something I couldn't quite hear. Neji smirked at whatever Naruto said and got into his battle position.

A gust of wind hit us in the stands. I flinched and covered my face. I have a bad feeling about this fight. Not only does Neji have great strength, but also he had a kekkei genkai like Sasuke. He held the byakugan. Neji was a worthy opponent, but was this an opponent Naruto could even win against?

After a few seconds of staring at each, Naruto made the first move. He threw a few kunai blades at Neji and as Neji blocked them all, Naruto ran at him face first. I gasped at his stupidity.

"Naruto! Why are you attacking from the front!?" I wondered, in shock and in slight anger.

Naruto went for a punch, but as I expected, Neji casually moved to the side with no effort and dodged the hit. Naruto spun around and went at Neji again. He threw a series of punches at Neji, and Neji blocked every single one of them with ease. This was merely a game for Neji.

Neji, after blocking Naruto's barrage of hits, narrowed his eyes and started to throw his punches. He hit Naruto and this caused Naruto to stop suddenly and sway back and forth. I gasped. Could it be!? I clenched my fists together, 'That bastard is aiming for all of Naruto's chakra points just like he did with Hinata during the preliminaries!' Naruto rolled backwards and winced. Quickly, he stood up with ease, as if he wasn't just hit.

I smirked. You could practically feel Naruto's determination, that's how strong it is. Naruto then did the hand signs for his infamous jutsu, the Shadow Clone Jutsu. He created four clones and they all surrounded him. Naruto reached into his weapon pouch and grabbed a kunai, and his clones did the same.

I nodded as his plan slowly started to hit me. With the Shadow Clone Jutsu, the user creates clones with an equal amount of chakra. In this case, Naruto made four clones. So those four clones and him should have the same amount of chakra. This was the perfect plan as he was going against a byakugan user. With this tactic, Neji shouldn't be able to distinguish the real one between the clones.

"Nice one, Naruto!" I praised.

Four of the clones ran at Neji head on. Neji quickly pushed two of them to the side. And just as we thought that one of the Naruto's had managed to knee Neji in the chin, Neji jumped back and landed on his feet gracefully. I clicked my tongue. This was going to be a harder fight for Naruto than I had anticipated.

The Naruto's yelled and charged at Neji again, attacking with all their might. However, Neji leaped into the air and spun around, easily hitting two of the Naruto's, causing them to vanish in a cloud of smoke. I bit my lip as I continued to watch this fight.

The remainder of the clones ran at Neji from behind and just as easily as he beat the other clones, Neji hit the clones directly in their chest and sent them flying. They vanished. How did Neji manage to see them coming from behind? Does his byakugan allow him to see everything, even those behind him? Damn, he really was the prodigy of the Hyuga clan.

Naruto and Neji didn't continue to fight after the clones we killed off. From what it looked like, they were talking about something. Whatever it was really seemed to get to Naruto, because in the next few seconds.

Neji had a ton of Naruto's Shadow Clones surrounding him.

It seems like this is just the beginning of this battle.

I smiled and narrowed my eyes down at the arena.

"You got this, Naruto! Show him what you got...dattebayo!" I cheered on.