New neighbour

Lauren is sat on a chair in the front yard of her mom and dad's house. She's watching you, the new neigbour, play basketball with your brothers. You dook them and dunk.

"HA! Got ya again!" You announce.

"Little bit tired of this constantly happening!" Your older brother, Mikael, says.

"Yeah! Go make friends with the neighbour's while me and Mikael create a strategy." Your oldest brother, Luke, says.

"Fine."

You grab your phone and jacket and walk over to Lauren.

"Hi. I'm Y/n. I just moved here with my family." You say.

Lauren smiles.

"I'm Lauren."

You both shake hands.

"So how long have you lived here for?" You ask.

"A good 16 years."

"Really? How old are you?"

"16." Lauren says.

"Hang on... ohhhh. Wow now i feel stupid. Dont mind me." You say.

Lauren chuckles.

"You wanna sit down?" Lauren asks.

"Yeah sure."

You sit down in a chair next to her. Over the next few months, you and Lauren grow close. At one point, you caught her spying on you. This is how that went.

3rd April

Lauren is sat on her bed looking out of her window. She looks into your room and sees you dancing around like an idiot to some music in your bedroom. She smiles and sits closer to her window.

You stop for a minute and grab a drink. Your door opens and your brother, Mikael walks in. You both talk for a few minutes and then he leaves.

You spin around and look out the window. You immediately lock eyes with Lauren. Her eyes widen. You open your window and she opens hers.

"What ya spying for?!"

"I wasn't! I was just looking!"

You chuckle and shake your head. You shut the window, then the curtains.

It's currently 12pm on May 25th. You and Lauren are sat on the roof of her house sharing a joint.

"I genuinely have no idea why I've never done this before." You say.

"You should do it more often. It's literally so much fun." Lauren says.

You both lay back.

"Does weed work underwater?" You ask.

She sits up and looks at you. Multiple different emotions cross her face.

"What?"

"There is no way you just asked me that question." She says.

"No but like... does it? Cos-"

"No. Stupid. Of course not. It will burn out. Like putting a lighter underwater would burn out the flame." Lauren says.

"Okay. Dont call me stupid. I'm high and i wanna know shit." You say.

"Okay fair point. Physically incapable of arguing against that." Lauren says.

You laugh.

"Y/n, i dunno if I'm saying this cos I'm high or not but i like you. Like a lot. And honestly, i would reeeeally like you to be my girlfriend. But you dont have to be. Dont feel like you have to be just cos i want you to be." Lauren says.

"Might be the fact that I'm high, but, i like you too. Like quite a bit. If I'm being honest, i think i fell head over heels for you the second i saw you." You say.

"You did?" Lauren asks.

You nod.

"Of course i did. I mean look at you Laur. You're fucking gorgeous." You say.

She blushes.

"Before the drugs wear off, can i do something?" You ask.

"Yeah."

You both sit up and you kiss her. She immediately kisses you back. When you both pull back, you stay quiet for a second.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" You ask.

She smiles.

"Yes. I will." Lauren says.

Blast update!