Expectations live

Lauren's POV

I'm doing the first show on my world tour right now. And my girlfriend, Y/n, is coming with because we're rocking out most of my songs. One including Expectations. Which Y/n has been begging me to do since the song came out because Y/n plays electric guitar and is spectacular at doing solos.

She's solod Expectations before. It's quite attractive to sit and watch her play guitar. I love watching her play guitar.

"Okay. Y/n. Is your guitar okay?"

Y/n looks at the custom guitar i bought her. As of her request, there's a little picture of me on there and underneath, the date we started dating on the guitar. When i asked her what kind of guitar she wanted, she mentioned an SG. So i got her one that looks like this.

On the back is the little picture of my face with the date we started dating

"Yeah she's good. Ready to go." Y/n says, adjusting the strap and earpieces.

She walks over to me.

"Want me to sort your earpieces out? I can see you fiddlin with em." Y/n says.

"Yea please." I say.

She stands behind me and sorts out my earpieces.

"Is that alright?" She asks, dropping her hands to my waist.

I nod and lean back to her. She leans forward so she can hear what I'm about to say.

"Save your teasing until after the show. Watching you playing your guitar will be enough for me." I whisper.

I feel her smirk against my ear. She places a kiss on my cheek and moves back.

"Right. When are we on?" Y/n asks.

"5 minutes. Last minute checks. Tuned?"

Y/n strums and nods.

"Fully tuned." She says.

Then she pulls a face and plucks each string and shakes her head.

"Nope. Gimme a minute." She says.

She tunes her guitar to the tuning needed for the first 5 songs. Which is good. Less awkward for her.

"Okay! We are on in 2 minutes! Make sure everything is how it needs to be because there's no going back if it isn't!" Stage manager Benji yells.

I go sort out Y/n's earpieces properly and place a kiss on her cheek. Her earpieces have the first photo we took together on our first date at the movies. Y/n took me to see the movie i had been DYING to watch since i saw the trailer.

"Okay! Everybody ready!" Benji yells.

We all get into place.

"Is your guitar plugged in?" Benji asks.

Y/n holds up the wire. She fiddles around with it and it's in fully.

"Okay! Y/n! Start playing and everybody walk on! Go!" Benji yells.

We soon come around to playing Expectations. Like i said, Y/n has been desperate to play Expectations. She's created a proper solo section for the band whilst she does the solo.

"So before we play our next song, i would just like to take a minute to thank the band for tonight." I say.

The fans in the arena cheer for the band.

"So now, without further delay, Expectations." I say.

Everybody screams and Y/n starts that riff at the start. After 4 beats, we all join in. It stays relatively close to the original recording of the song until the chorus where everybody stops. We all look at the drummer and she counts us all in with her sticks. Y/n and the bassist jump together as we go into the chorus.

As the chorus edges on, me and Y/n stand back to back.

For the bit where it goes quiet at the end of the chorus, we both look at each other and i put my hand on her chin pulling her head up as she quite blatantly stares at my chest.

The fans cheer.

It stays in it's rock vibe as it goes on. When it gets to the bit before the solo, they do an extra bar of the chorus before Y/n comes in with the solo.

I stand in awe and watch as she finally, for the first time, completes the solo accurately to the song.

We finish the song off with a big rock out at the end. When we finish, everybody goes insane.

Y/n goes to the bassist and the drummer. They talk and then turn back to me and wave me over. I walk over.

"I know that was technically the last song but we wanted to finish it off with an absolute banger that would steal it." Y/n says.

"Start playing and I'll sing along." I say.

I go back to the fans.

"Thank you all so much for coming out tonight! Unfortunately that was our last song." I say.

And as i was expecting, everybody starts chanting one more song.

We play our final final song and leave the stage. Y/n puts her SG down and hugs me in her excitement. I hug back and she spins me. Making me laugh.

"We fucking did it!" She exclaims.

We pack up after a while and head back to the bus. Y/n sits with me and we talk to the rest of the band about the next show. It's going to be the last show so it'll be a pretty big one.

Eventually, we all head to the bunks and go to sleep. I'm quite tired so i lay in the bunk with Y/n and just immediately fall asleep.

Thoughts? Idk how i feel ab it but we needed an update sooo yeah. Byee :)