Issues

TW: mentions of abuse, death and suicide.

You and Lauren are arguing. It's bad. Like really bad. The worst fight you've had together.

"Y/N I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND IT! UNLESS YOU FUCKING EXPLAIN THAT SHIT TO ME!"

You catch glimpse of your dad in her face. You ignore it.

"HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I GOTTA EXPLAIN IT TO YOU LAUREN?!"

She raises her hands in defeat and you flinch back a little. She immediately notices this.

"You-you didn't think i was gunna hit you right?"

You ignore the question and grab a bottle of water. You go sit on a bean bag. You put your head in your hands and let tears fall. Lauren pulls a bean bag and sits in front of you. She pulls your hands away from your face and wipes the tears away.

"What happened?" Lauren asks.

You look up at her, a few more tears fall.

"Talk to me baby. Please." She says.

She wipes the remaining tears away from your eyes.

"When i was younger, my mum died. I was like.... 4 when it happened. But my dad and older brother blamed me for it. Saying if i wasn't born, she wouldn't have killed herself. It was always my fault. Everything that went wrong in our family was always my fault. They needed a way of showing me that what i did to our family was my fault. So, whenever we would get into fights, they'd...."

A few more tears fall down your face.

"Hey. Hey. It's okay. You're with me. Dont worry." Lauren says.

She wipes the tears away and you take a deep breath.

"They'd beat me. And usually, they'd leave me in a puddle of my own blood in the kitchen floor. That's why I'm always anxious when I'm in the kitchen. Cos I'm scared that they'll just.... show up and do it again. And in the kitchen, when we were fighting, i saw my dad in your face for a second. That's not me saying that you're like him it's just whenever i get into a fight in the kitchen, i think of my dad because it always happened there and i just-"

You stop. She hugs you. You hug back. You both just sit like that for hours. Literally hours.

"How does takeaway and cuddles sound?" Lauren asks.

"I like the sound of that." You say.

She nods.

"C'mon then."

You both go up to your shared bedroom and get into bed. Lauren orders the food. Once you've both finished the food, you cuddle and fall asleep.