When two worlds collide

It's your 3rd year in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You're in Slytherin. Alongside a certain Lauren Jauregui. Now, you're a soft-ish Slytherin. You dont cause any issues. You dont get involved in any issues. You're just there to become a great witch and get out.

Now, Lauren has had a problem with that since day one.

You're on the train on the way to Hogwarts. It's the first day of the new school year. You've just turned 14. Lauren's 13. She's 14 near the end of the year. You are older than her. Yet she has no issues trying her hardest every year to get you into serious trouble.

Never really works.

But this year is going to be very very different. You're a lot different this year.

Lauren is searching the train for an empty compartment because everywhere is full. The only one with barely anybody in, is yours. However she doesn't know it's yours.

She opens the door.

"Can i sit in here?" She asks.

You look up and make eye contact.

"Y/n?"

You nod.

"Just sit and dont talk to me. I'm reading." You say.

Lauren nods and sits down. She pulls out her wand just for something to mess about with. She can feel how high the tension in the compartment is.

"So... uhm... how was your summer?" Lauren asks.

You close your book acknowledging that you're not gunna be able to read on the way to Hogwarts.

"It was fine. I did some new things over the time off. Studied. Completed left over work for potions. Got some piercings." You say.

"Yeah i noticed the earrings." Lauren says.

"Got a tongue piercingd too. Just all in all changed quite a lot about myself in the 2 months or so off we had." You say.

"Yeah... so uh... none of that friendly banter will be taken lightly then." Lauren says.

"I'm not gunna lie to you. None of it was friendly. You were trying to get me expelled with half of the stuff you were saying." You say.

"That's not true at all." Lauren says.

"Dont bulshit me. I'm not stupid. Your 'friendly banter' could've been enough to have gotten me expelled and you know it. I'm not taking your shit this year. Or ever again. I put up with it for the first 2 years. Not anymore." You say.

Lauren stays quiet and looks away from you.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to finish my book off in silence." You say.

Lauren nods and just tries to do something to make her seem less intrigued by your new personality in a way.

The trolley lady shows up.

"Anything from the trolley, dears?" She asks.

"Uh a.... packet of drew balls and a.... licorice wand." Lauren says.

She pays for it and sits down.

"Anything from the trolley?" She asks you.

You shake your head.

"No thank you." You say with a light smile.

The lady smiles and walks off. Lauren closes the compartment door. The hours pass slowly whilst Lauren attempts to figure out what to do about you with your new personality.

When the train finally gets to the Hogwarts Trainstation, you grab your bag. Lauren appears to struggle a little. You look at her. You sigh and grab her bag. She looks at you.

"Oh... uhm... thank you." She says.

You nod and leave the train. A few hours pass and you're sat in the Great Hall among the other Hogwarts students in their respective houses. The sorting ceremony has just taken place. There's new Slytherin's sat near you. Lauren is sat looking at you while the feast goes down.

You're just talking to the first years. Helping calm some of them down. Explaining what to expect for the first year. Going through the premise of Quiditch to the ones who've never watched a game of it before.

A couple more hours and you're in the common room. Lauren is with her friends. You're sat talking to one of the new first years. Who's very stressed about spending the first night away from their family in their entire life.

Lauren isn't really paying much attention to the stuff her friends are talking about. She's just stood looking at you.

"Earth to Lauren."

She looks at Brad. Her best friend.

"Sorry what?" She asks.

"You staring at your-"

"We're not doing this again." Lauren says, interrupting Brad.

"What makes you think we're going there?" Austin asks.

"I know you two. You were both going there." Lauren says.

A while soon passes. You're in the dorms. The third year girls dorms. Which means Lauren's there. You've just spent almost 4 hours helping an Autistic girl get through the initial settling struggles she's been having since she got sorted to Slytherin.

You're now getting ready to go to bed. You're brushing your teeth in the bathroom. Lauren is also there.

"I saw you with that girl. That first year." Lauren says.

You spit your toothpaste out.

"Yeah. So?" You say.

"What was wrong with her?" Lauren asks.

"She's autistic and has been struggling to adapt to the whole new place thing and the whole new people thing too. So I've just been spending the last few hours helping her adjust to the common rooms and then the dorm where she's sleeping." You say.

Lauren wants to smile but decides not to. She just nods.

"Why?" You ask.

"I just saw you with her for pretty much the whole afternoon and was curious." Lauren says.

You nod. Then leave the bathroom.

"Okay. This is gunna take longer than I'd expected." Lauren says quietly to herself.

She puts her toothbrush down and goes to bed. She's now preparing herself getting ready to figure out how to approach you for the future.

Thoughts? Please let me know what you think about it. Byee :)