Intense fight

You're 21 years old and the most badass guard to the Queen. Everyone, recently, wants her dead. Well you're not having that. So for the past month, you have been training the guards who work for the Queen. You've been training them in close combat for the ever impending war coming close for the throne. But you're not letting that happen.

The Queen stands watching through a window as you train the guards in close combat. Hours of training. Literally hours and she just stands and watches you train them.

"Right. Take 10. Put the equipment in the right place." You say.

You turn to the castle and look to the Queen. Her name is Lauren Jauregui. You make direct eye contact. You go into the building and up to the Queen's Quarters. You knock on her door.

"Come in."

You walk into the room and she turns to you. You bow and she nods.

"How's it coming along?" Lauren asks.

"It's coming. We're getting there. Listen can we talk please?" You ask.

She nods. You shut the door and turn to her.

"What's wrong?" Lauren asks.

"Look.... I'm worried. Like scared worried." You say.

"Because of-"

"Yeah. I dont want to lose any of our guards and i dont want to die before i get the chance to tell you the complete truth." You say.

"What's the complete truth?" Lauren asks.

"That i like you. And not just like as a person like you. I like you as in like like you." You say.

She stands a little surprised.

"Can i do something?" She asks.

You nod. She kisses you. You kiss back. Just before she gets to deepen the kiss, the ground begins to shake. You pull back and run to the window. You see a swarm of soldiers coming towards the castle. Your stomach sinks.

"Y/n?"

"They're here...."

"They-they're here?" Lauren asks.

You nod. The door swings open.

"Y/n they're here."

"Gather the guards. Now! Get them in the courtyard! Swords, bows and arrows, shields! Get everyone! Go!"

The guard runs off. You turn around to Lauren. She can see the terrified look on your face. She walks to you and hugs you. You hug back.

"You've got this. Dont worry." She says.

You pull back from the hug.

"I'm going to send uo 4 guards to protect you. Make sure you're hidden away in that secret room we found a few weeks ago." You say.

4 guards run in.

"Take the Queen to the hidden away room. Make sure you all stay inside the room. It's a small room. Hidden behind a painting. Remain in the room."

They nod. They take Lauren to the hidden room. You run down into the courtyard and grab a sword and a shield.

The guards gather.

"Lets do this! We can win! We beat them! There's more of us than them! Lets go!"

You all go outside the wall and stand in a massive line. Facing the others. You stand at the front.

"Y/n." The youngest says.

"Yeah." You say.

"I'm scared." He says.