Chapter 5: Diamond Dogs

Venom Snake's POV

Me and Kaz is still on the chopper. I was remembering the day where Mother Base got attacked nine years ago. But, something is off. My memory is foggy. I remember the full details of the mission, but I have a small piece of Y/N's memory. Am I really Big Boss?  

Kaz: Snake...

I look at him.

Kaz: Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg and my arm... even my fingers... The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there.

He hits the floor and grabs my bionic arm.

Kaz: You feel it too, don't you? I'm the one who got caught up with Cipher. A group above nations... even the U.S.

He then grabs my shoulder and get closer to me.

Kaz: And I was the parasite below, feeding off Zero's power.

I help him sit down.

Kaz: They came after you in Cyprus... Then Afghanistan... Cipher... just keeps growing. Swallowing everything in it's path... Getting bigger and bigger... Who knows how big now? Boss.

He stands up and grabs the top of the chopper so he can limp.

Kaz: I'm gonna make 'em give back our past... Take back everything that we've lost.

He makes it over to me and grabs my shoulder.

Kaz: And I won't rest... until we do.

Pequod: Approaching Mother Base.

Kaz then sits back down. He leans on the wall so he could look outside.

Kaz: Our new Mother Base.

We see other choppers pass us. We are near Mother Base.

Kaz: I don't know how long it'll take, but I'll make it bigger, better then before.

I look at the Mother Base.

Venom Snake: Kaz... What should I do?

Kaz: Boss...?

I look back at him.

Venom Snake: Tell me... Tell me like you used to.

We then arrive and land at Mother Base. I get out of the chopper and help Kaz out of it.

Kaz: Things have changed, Boss. We pull in money, recruits, just to combat Cipher... Rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge.

We see Ocelot and other soldiers with a stretcher come towards us. I help Kaz walk towards them as well.

Kaz: The world calls for wetwork, and we answer. No greater good, no just cause.

We stop walking.

Venom Snake: Kaz...

Kaz: Cipher sent us to hell... but we're going even deeper.

Venom Snake: I know. I'm already a demon... Heaven's not my kind of place, anyway.

A soldier comes over with a hand crutch, he helps put it on Kaz. Kaz then limps over to the stretcher. He then sits on it.

Kaz: Dogs of war for nine whole years... That ends today. Now you're not sleeping, and we're not junkyard hounds. We're Diamond Dogs.

Then a soldier then laid Kaz down and put a gas mask on Kaz, he was trying to get it off.

Ocelot: Let them talk.

Kaz once again grabs me and pulls me closer to him.

Kaz: We can crush Cipher, Boss. And you can build the army to do it.

Venom Snake: Just one thing, Kaz. This isn't about the past. We're fighting for the future.

Kaz then laid down and the soldiers took him away.

Ocelot: Boss, there's something I want to talk about. It concerns the running of Mother Base. Come meet with me.

We walk away from the helipad.

Ocelot: This base belongs to you now. Make Diamond Dogs the force it deserves to be. Like any organization, we need good people, and we need to make good use of their talents. Miller asked me to lay that out for you. 

Ocelot gets out a device.

Ocelot: To start bringing people in, use this...

He gives it to me.

Ocelot: It's a Fulton recovery device.

Timeskip

I finished all of my training. CQC, how to run the base, everything. I called in my chopper and Pequod flew me out of Mother Base.