Chapter 26: Rescue the Intel Agents

Venom Snake's POV

The chopper is on the way to my next mission. I'm still thinking about Quiet.

Venom Snake: Maybe I should've let Quiet join me...

I think Quiet would've been a good buddy to have on the field. But I told her no. Ocelot was right about her. But Kaz also has a point about her. Speaking of Kaz, he calls and tells me about my next mission.

Kaz: Two of our Intel Team members are being held captive by the PF in that area - the CFA. Your job is to rescue them. They don't have long to live. It appears that one of our two men has broken out of the encampment and is on the run. He contacted us to say he was surrounded. That's the last we heard from him. Your map is marked with a predicted field of movement based on where his transmissions cut off. The other man is still captive inside the encampment. Boss, rescue our men. Extract them both and get them back to Mother Base.

Venom Snake: I'll get them back.

I get off the chopper and get on D-Horse. I start heading to the location of the man of is on the run.

Ocelot: Our staff member on the run last contacted us from that forest. The enemy PF already has troops spread out in a manhunt to find him. Keep your eyes open.

Kaz: Extract our man before their search team can find him. Check his location on your iDroid.

I see the man.

Venom Snake: Already found him. Preparing for extraction.

I Fulton extract him.

Ocelot: That's the way!

Someone spots me. I quickly shoot him with my tranquilizer gun. I then sneak past the team that was searching for the man.

Kaz: Boss, our man you extracted gave us all the Intel he could. Now we know exactly where our other agent is being held captive. And he brought back Intel on the CFA, guy deserves a raise. Check it on your iDroid.

I call D-Horse and get on.

Ocelot: Kiribati Camp - an enemy outpost. It's got good visibility, and not many places to hide. Use the landscape wherever possible.

Venom Snake: Good to know.

I head to the location, I find our man under a bridge, he looks really hurt, there is blood all over him. I pick him up.

Kaz: That's him - that's the target. He's injured... looks half starved, too. There's no way he can stand the shock of a Fulton extraction. Get him out by chopper.

I start sneaking out.

Man: They kept saying the disease was our fault. Just shouting it at me... over and over...

Venom Snake: What disease?

He doesn't say anything. I put him on D-Horse, then I get on. I call the chopper. We then head over to the landing zone, the chopper came. I then put the man in the chopper.

Kaz: Confirmed extraction of both targets. Boss. On behalf of all Diamond Dogs... thank you.

Venom Snake: Of course.

The chopper flies off. Another mission completed.