Chapter 94: Chico

Y/N's POV

I still can't believe it, this was Chico... he's alive. Now everything makes sense... the peace symbol on the back, the earbuds... the burns and the flesh torn out... he somehow survived the helicopter crash.

Chico: Snake...

Y/N: Chico... you're alive...

I walk a few steps closer.

Y/N: You grew up...

Chico looks down. He then stares at me in rage.

Chico: Skull Face... WHERE IS HE?!?!

Y/N: He's dead, Chico...

Chico kept his angry face.

Chico: That was supposed to be my kill... FOR WHAT HE DID TO ME!!!

He then looks down in sadness and guilt.

Chico: For what he did to Paz...

Chico starts to get emotional.

Chico: It's all my fault... everything...

Y/N: Chico...

I walk closer to him, but then Chico aims his machete at me, keeping me back.

Chico: No! Stay back!

I am shocked by his behavior.

Chico: It's my fault MSF fell... if I didn't try to save Paz alone... maybe... maybe she would be alive... I was forced to lead you to Skull Face's trap... it's all my fault... I have to fight this demon inside of me... it's best that I stay away from you...

Y/N: Chico... I...

I don't know what to say, there is a lot of things... I then decide I'll tell him who I am first.

Y/N: You think I'm the Boss... but I'm not.

Chico looks up at me.

Chico: What are you talking about?

Y/N: It's me... Y/N. Me and Snake got into a coma after the explosion nine years ago... Zero made the doctors change my appearance to Snake... to become his phantom while Snake himself works on his new nation...

Chico: If you're Y/N... tell me something only he would know...

Y/N: You told me about how you felt about Paz... that you wanted to be with her... and we always had those private talks... encouraging you to take your shot...

Chico: Y/N... that is you...

Y/N: And it wasn't your fault for what happened to MSF, it was Huey...

Chico: Mr. Emmerich?!

Y/N: He was the one who got the team in. And we are reborn, better than ever.

I let my hand out towards Chico.

Y/N: It's okay... come home... to Diamond Dogs...

Chico: Diamond Dogs...

Chico looks hesitant.

Y/N: Everything will be okay... I promise...

Chico thinks. He shakes my hand.

Chico: Okay...

I see better detail of his face. It's really bad, his face is still all black from the burn. And the left side of his face has missing flesh, revealing his teeth on that side. Looks like he took more damage from the explosion than I did.

Y/N: Welcome back... soldier.

I call the chopper. The chopper arrives. I get on, Chico slowly got on, still hesitant. He takes his seat and looks down. He still has the earbuds in.

Timeskip

We arrive back to base. I look at Chico, he is looking amazed, but also embarrassed. He probably still blames himself for nine years ago. The chopper lands on the helipad, we get off to see Kaz limping over.

Kaz: Chico...

Chico: Commander Miller...

Kaz was as shocked as I was. Chico then walks away, Avoiding everyone.

Kaz: Is he okay?

Y/N: Yeah, he just needs time...

I then walk away and head back to my quarters.