Chapter 39: Close Contact

Venom Snake's POV

I am back in the chopper on my way to my next mission. Kaz gives me the mission details.

Kaz: Rescue the two prisoners being held in a guard post to the southwest of Ngumba Industrial Zone. The targets are civilians - one male, one female. Apparently they're specialists sent out there to investigate infectious diseases. They were frequent visitors to that "Devil's House" at Nzo ya Badiabulu. If you recover then, we'll finally be able to get first hand accounts of what's been going on in that place.

The chopper lands, I get off and find D-Horse. I get on him and start riding him to the outpost. I then get a call from Ocelot.

Ocelot: Boss. An enemy squad is on its way to the guard post. Watch yourself.

Venom Snake: Copy.

I make it to the outpost. I hide on the side of D-Horse to avoid getting spot. I make it to the tent where the targets are.

Kaz: They look like the targets. You need to help them.

I see guards surrounding the tent. The squad that Ocelot talked about also showed up. But I am lucky to bring sleep grenades. I throw them around outside the tent, making all of the guards fall asleep. I sneak in the tent, grab the hostages, and Fulton extract them outside.

Kaz: Amazing, Boss. Getting both prisoners out in that situation. Great work. Now exfiltrate.

I call the chopper. I get back on D-Horse and ride to the landing zone. The chopper arrives. I get on and the chopper flies me out.