Chapter 14: Backup, Back Down

Venom Snake's POV

I was once again going for another mission. I got myself a rocket launcher.

Kaz: Boss, your objective is to eliminate as many enemy combat vehicles as you can. For this mission, we're backup for the guerrillas' offensive. That means our mission isn't over until theirs is. Keep an eye on the remaining time. Also, bear in mind that you'll fail the mission if you don't take out a single vehicle. As for payment... the more vehicles, the bigger our paycheck. So give 'em a real fireworks show.

Venom Snake: I'll do my best.

I check the map on my IDroid, I see the routes. I get off the chopper and get on D-Horse. I was able to find a tank resting in a base, I crawl in and put C4s on the tank. I then crawl back out and explode the tank. I get back on D-Horse and head for the others.

Timeskip

After going around Afghanistan, I destroy all the tanks.

Kaz: All targets eliminated. Boss... you were like a man possessed! The guerrillas' offensive is still in progress, but our work here is done. Exfiltrate the mission area!

I was about to call the chopper, until Kaz spoke up.

Kaz: Damn it, Soviet reinforcements incoming! Tanks, and a gunship! And you're the target!

Venom Snake: Damn!

Kaz: Looks like we pushed the Soviets a little too far... Boss, those Soviets are a threat to the guerrillas. You can bet there'd be a bonus in it if you take 'em out... That said, the mission objectives are complete, so you can leave the area if you want.

Venom Snake: I'll take care of them.

Kaz: Boss?

Venom Snake: I can take them.

Kaz: Okay... Be careful, Boss.

A gunship found me, I was able to bring it down with my rocket.

Ocelot: Nice one, Boss!

Venom Snake: Not done yet.

A tank is coming towards my location. I hide as it passes by, I was able to Fulton it while it was moving. There are two more tanks. I decide to call the chopper while they were on the way. One tank arrives and sees me. It shoots at me, but I dodge out of the way. Then my chopper arrives.

Pequod: Hey Boss!

Pequod shoots the tank, destroying it. He lowers the chopper so I can get on. We start to fly away, then the last tank shoots at us. I use the chopper mini gun to destroy the tank.

Pequod: Nice, Boss!

I sit down as we leave the area.