Chapter 35: Retake The Platform

Venom Snake's POV

I called the chopper after my last mission, I am now in the ACC. I then got a serious call from Kaz.

Kaz: Boss, we have an emergency. Mother Base is under attack.

Venom Snake: What?!

Kaz: The enemy has overrun one of the platforms, and they're holding some of our staff hostage. If we don't do something, they'll try to take off with our men. That would mean losing some of our finest manpower.

Venom Snake: Shit!!!

Kaz: Boss, take back that platform! This is a race against time. For all of us... get on this mission right away, Boss.

Venom Snake: Of course! Don't worry, I'll take back our platform. Hang tight.

Kaz: Thank you, Boss.

I look at Pequod.

Venom Snake: Base is under attack! Head back, NOW!

Pequod: Okay, Boss! Hang on tight!

Pequod starts flying back to base.

Timeskip

We are arriving closer to Mother Base.

Kaz: Infiltrate the platform under enemy control, and eliminate their commander. The moment they lose their chain of command, we'll move in and suppress the rest. The enemy have taken some of our staff hostage, and are threatening to kill then if they're attacked. You can't rely on support from us this time. Anything we do might be seen as an attack.

Venom Snake: I can't believe they even got control...

Kaz: Boss... forgive me. Can't believe I let an enemy force in right under my nose. But one thing's for sure... they're gonna pay for it. Make certain of that, Boss.

Venom Snake: I will, I'm not letting the enemy do this again... not after last time...

The chopper drops me off at the lower level of the fourth R&D platform. I hear the commander on radio.

Commander: All fireteams, this is CP! Focus all of your fire on that enemy chopper!

I sneak up the stairs. I get out my AM MRS-4 out and shoot one of the men in the head. Another guy spots me, I quickly shoot him to avoid alerting the others. I then sneak onto the third platform. I manage to avoid everyone and sneak all of the way to the second platform. I shoot everyone in my sight. I then make it to the first platform. I start using the pipes to climb up. I see some men and shoot them. I then make it to the very top of the R&D building. I see the commander and snipe him.

Kaz: The target is no longer a threat. Boss, you just saved Diamond Dogs from a major crisis. Leave the rest to us.

I free the hostages. I hear Kaz on the platform speakers.

Kaz: Attention hostile force. We have eliminated your commander. Escape is impossible. Lay down your weapons immediately. Surrender now, and you will not be fired upon.

Diamond Dogs come in and take care of the remaining threat. I see Kaz limping towards me.

Kaz: Boss... thank you... I'm so sorry about this.

Venom Snake: It's okay, Kaz. We got him. Mother Base is safe.

Kaz: Thanks to you... no one will be able to do that again. I'll make sure of it.