Chapter 2: Ground Zeroes

A/N: Another short chapter. Future chapters will be longer.

March 16th, 1975

Y/N's POV

Paz and Chico were captured at the U.S. Naval Prison Facility in Cuba. The mission was to rescue them. Snake would do the mission, but he wanted me to be the medic in the mission. He got in and got both Paz and Chico in the chopper. We were on our way back to base.

Chico: Snake... Snake!

Snake: Medic!

I walk over to Paz and start feeling her stomach, there was something in there.

Snake: She's rigged. Damn it, we were set up!

Y/N: We gotta get it out. No time for anesthetic. We have to open her now.

Snake and Chico held Paz down as I got scissors and started to cut her stitches on her stomach. I then open her up and start digging my hands down her stomach.

Snake: Keep her guts in.

Paz then started to squirm and scream in pain. Snake and Chico continued to hold her down. I feel something and pull it out. It was a bomb.

Y/N: Boss!

Snake takes the bomb and throws it out the chopper.

Y/N: Breathing's stable... No active bleeding. She's clean, I'm closing her up.

I look at Chico.

Y/N: Hold her steady. It's gonna be a continuous suture.

Snake had a call from Huey. Sounds like our "guests" is there. When we got near, we saw smoke. Snake opened the door and we saw our base on fire! Snake grabbed his gun. The chopper took us closer to the base. It was under attack!

Morpho: Look! Commander Miller!

We saw Kaz and MSF fighting back and behind cover. Snake started to shoot, the chopper got close enough and Snake landed and fought with MSF. I stayed in the chopper to protect Paz and Chico. Snake was able to get Kaz in the chopper and the chopper got out while the base was being destroyed.

Kaz: The inspection was nothing but a smokescreen. I heard explosions, then...

Kaz stood up angry.

Kaz: THEY PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE!

Kaz grabbed Snake's shoulders.

Kaz: Give it back! This isn't right! That was ours...

Kaz punched the door.

Kaz: We built it, damn it!

Kaz looks at Paz.

Kaz: You spying bitch...!

Kaz pushed me out of the way to get to Paz, he grabbed both of her shoulders.

Kaz: C'mon, start talking, bitch! C'mon, get up and start talking!

Paz then spited out blood, she got up and walked over to the door. Kaz tried to go over to her, but I held him back.

Chico: Paz...

Paz: Bomb! There is a...

Snake: It's alright, we got it out.

Paz opened the chopper door.

Paz: There's another... in my...

We saw a enemy chopper going to us.

Paz then fell backwards, falling out of the chopper.

Snake: No!

Then Paz exploded. It got our chopper. I was able to get in front of Snake before the blast, giving me the most damage. I felt the shrapnel enter my head as I blackout.