Chapter 87: Speaking

Y/N's POV

It is now late at night. I am still in my quarters. I see DD sleeping. I didn't hear anything about Quiet recently. Which had me worried. But then I see something form in front of the door. It was Quiet. She was turning visible. She had a smile on her face.

Y/N: Quiet?

Quiet: Snake...

She doesn't know who I really am... I'm not surprised.

Y/N: H-How are you?

Quiet: Code Talker was helpful. I'll live... I can finally speak freely...

Y/N: That's great!

Quiet giggles. I'm not used to her speaking, but she had a pretty voice.

Quiet: I can finally express my feelings to you...

Y/N: About that...

Quiet gives me a confused look.

Y/N: I listened to your tape after we fought those tanks before you spoke to save my life... and I remember what Ocelot said... about you being "in love with the legend." I wanted to ask you... what do you mean by them...?

Quiet stayed silent. She looked down, like she was thinking of what to say.

Quiet: At first... I hated your guts... I wanted to kill you... it was my mission... but I failed, twice. After you defeated me the second time, you could've killed me... but you didn't... instead, you took me in, and you treated me like one of you, you even made sure that I got to listen to music in my cell. And you trusted me enough to bring me with you...

Quiet smiles.

Quiet: XOF never treated me like that... and at those moments... I...

Quiet stops herself, but then she continues.

Quiet: I developed feelings for you...

I am shocked by her words.

Quiet: And now with the parasites gone... I can finally say those words... I'll... get going now, to my cell...

Quiet is about to leave.

Y/N: Wait!

Quiet faces me.

Y/N: When I took you in, that was because of your skills... but it turned into something more... I think I started to develop feelings for you too...

Quiet gives me a heartwarming smile.

Quiet: Really?

Y/N: Yeah. I don't want you going back into a cell. You can stay here. If that's what you want...

Quiet hugs me, I'm shocked, but I hug back.

Quiet: Thank you...

We let go.

Y/N: It's getting late, and I don't think I'll be out in a bit, so how about we get some sleep?

Quiet: Yeah, that'll sound nice.

We both lay down.

Y/N: Good night.

Quiet: Yeah, good night.

We both fall asleep.