Chapter 18: Hellbound

Venom Snake's POV

I was back on the chopper, I was going to get Huey, hopefully with no interruptions this time.

Kaz: Emmerich is currently at Serak Power Plant. This is our chance. Boss, head for the power plant.

DD is also with me on the mission, the chopper lands. We get off the chopper and get on the car that was sent from the base. I drive to the power plant.

Kaz: You've made it to Serak Power Plant. Emmerich should be beyond the gate at the northern edge of the facility. We have no idea what he's doing back there... But let's go find out.

Me and DD sneak in the power plant, DD marked some soldiers, and I took them out. We made it to the door. I pick lock the door open. I close the door. I was about to continue sneaking in, but I heard the gate opening, I quickly hide as a vehicle drives through. I sneak while behind the vehicle and hide, I see the whole base. I see Huey with the man I met during the honey bee mission. They are up the stairs, I guess to look at the big machine in the base.

Huey: Just a minute! This isn't what we agreed on!

???: The changes have already been finalized.

Huey: It's not operational yet. The remote piloting and A.I. control haven't reached the application stage.

???: Who said anything about an A.I.? That was Coldman's mistake ten years ago.

Huey: Be that as it may, we'll need to modify postural control to accommodate a human pilot.

Huey looks at the machine.

Huey: I share your urgency. But... we need more time to finish it.

One of the soldiers whispered to the man. I was able to hear him with my binoculars.

Soldier: We analyzed the transmission log - he's been in contact with Big Boss.

???: Right.

The man walks up to Huey.

???: Planning on leaving us, Doctor?

Huey just stared at the man. He didn't know what to say. The man grabs Huey and turned around, facing the stairs.

???: I'm taking your "legs" back!

He pushes Huey down the stairs, I watch him slide down and hit the ground. Huey slowly lifts his head.

Huey: So you're just gonna... kill me?

The man starts walking down the stairs.

???: Sahelanthropus is mine now.

He finished going down the stairs. He takes off his hat, he stomps on Huey's arm and grabs Huey by his tie.

???: Listen! I may dwell in the dark, but I refuse to be judged by your standards, traitor.

He lets go of Huey's tie.

???: I hope your friends give you what's coming to you.

A soldier in a machine picked up Huey.

???: Take him to the base.

Soldier: Yes, sir. Transporting Emmerich to the base camp and returning to base.

The soldier in the machine runs out of the base with Huey. Another soldier's voice went off the base radio.

Soldier: We're shutting down. All units, strike camp and clear out.

???: We still have use for him.

The man gets in a car with two soldiers. They follow multiple vehicles on the way out. I stay hidden as they leave. They close the doors to the base.