Chapter 60: Eli's Interrogation

Venom Snake's POV

The chopper is taking me and Quiet back to Mother Base. I get a call from Kaz.

Kaz: Boss, as we suspected, the mastermind behind the kids' escape was Eli. It's hard to believe, but apparently he'd been plotting an armed uprising against us. He could be hiding something else too. Ocelot's going to press him for answers. Get back here as quick as you can!

Venom Snake: Already on my way.

Timeskip

I get back to Mother Base. Me and Kaz walks in room 101, where Ocelot is interrogating Eli. I hear Eli coughing.

Eli: Where is he?

Ocelot: I told you, your father's not here.

Eli sees me and Kaz from the glass.

Eli: They're back.

Ocelot: Yes, they're back. But don't get any bright ideas. Your quarters are under full surveillance, your weapon privileges suspended. No more uprisings for you.

Ocelot walks up to Eli.

Ocelot: Did you really think it would be that easy, "Commander?"

Ocelot puts his hand on Eli's shoulders.

Ocelot: You'll get your boys back, see the Boss, too. But first, I need to know what you sent them to do.

Eli: They wanted to leave.

Ocelot: To their homelands?

Eli: They wanted to go home. That's all.

Ocelot: So, they were just homesick then?

Eli: Not quite...

Eli starts laughing.

Eli: Militia warlords, PFs, the armies that murdered their families. Cousins, brothers, parents... They all had someone they wanted to kill.

We feel the base shaking.

Venom Snake: The hell...?

Eli: I told them, "last chance to face the world with no regrets."

Kaz: Last chance...?

Eli: You'd better be ready if you're dragged back here. Ready to face the world as enemies.

Eli puts his hands behind his head and starts laughing. Ocelot looks at us. The base continues to shake. I believe I know what's coming...

Venom Snake: No!

Something crashes through the room. It sends Ocelot flying. And it knocks me and Kaz down. I get up and aim my gun at the room. I then see the Third Boy floating. I aim my gun at him and start shooting. The Third Boy floats away. I help Kaz up. The smoke clears. It was Sahelanthropus that crashed through the room! It's head opened.

Eli: I'm not like you!

Eli gets in Sahelanthropus.

Eli: Goodbye, father. I don't need you anymore.

Eli starts escaping with Sahelanthropus. I jump over the broken window and start running after them. Ocelot gets up and joins me. But they escaped. And the Third Boy was with them. We then see one of our choppers. Our pilot was being held at gunpoint by one of the kids. The rest of the kids were in the chopper as well. They fly away. Kaz limps over to us.

Kaz: Was Ralph really an accident? Or did Eli just rig it - to stir up the boys? Either way, he had to have been planning for this all along. Bidding farewell to the world.