Chapter 23: Traitors Caravan

Venom Snake's POV

I completed all of the missions I had listed on my iDroid. I am sitting in my chopper. Then Kaz calls.

Kaz: Boss, the Intel Team has come back with its report following its investigation into PF logistics. Cipher has to be involved with this distribution network somehow... One thing in in particular caught my eye. A convoy that regularly crosses the savannah.

Venom Snake: Convoy?

Kaz: On paper, it's just mined resources going to the government... but the security's much too heavy. At the very least, it's worth checking out. Take a look at the mission.

Venom Snake: Will do. Just one thing.

Kaz: Yes, Boss?

Venom Snake: Has the R&D team developed my sneaking suit?

Kaz: Yes, they have. You wanna equip it?

Venom Snake: Yes.

Timeskip

I got my new sneaking suit. I also picked up DD. I am getting ready for my mission. The chopper is getting closer to the mission area.

Kaz: Boss, your objective is to steal an entire truck from a PF convoy. We don't have a fix on the truck we want. But the Intel Team has spotted the unit that's been tasked with escorting it. They're stationed at the guard post to the north of Nova Braga Airport, on the savannah. The rendezvous with our target will be any time now.

Venom Snake: Got it.

I get out of the chopper, DD does as well. We run to the guard post.

Kaz: See any clues in the guard post that'll lead us to the target?

Venom Snake: Not yet.

Kaz: Have a look around.

DD sniffs around, revealing where all of the guards are. I pet DD.

Venom Snake: Good dog.

We then sneak through the guard post. I make it in the tent. I see a file. I scan the file with my iDroid, giving me all of the information I need.

Kaz: Perfect, Boss. It's the escort plan for the transport truck.

Venom Snake: And it's heading here.

I decided to take out the men. I Fulton extract the men. I then get out my binoculars, I see the truck with tanks coming this way. I quickly put C-4s on the road. I then quickly got out of sight. When the tank in the front arrived, I detonated the C-4, blowing up the tank. I then shot the driver of the truck. But then some figures teleported out of the truck and the tank behind the truck.... Skulls.

Kaz: The Skulls! If these bastards are pulling guard duty... That proves the cargo IS headed to Cipher!

While the Skulls weren't looking, I snuck in the tank behind the truck. I shoot at one of the skulls. Then they all started shooting at me. I kept on shooting the Skulls with the tank. Eventually, I was able to take them out.

Kaz: You defeated the Skulls! I can't believe you took those things out... Now you just have to extract the target.

I get out of the tank and get in the truck. DD jumps in.

Kaz: Good, you're in the target truck. Drive it out of the hot zone.

I drive the truck out of the hot zone.

Timeskip

I was sitting in the chopper with DD. I then got a call from Kaz.

Kaz: Boss, we searched the truck you recovered.

Venom Snake: What did you find?

Kaz: There are two primary types of cargo. First, drums of malachite, a cooper ore. That took up most of the truck bed. But malachite isn't valuable enough to warrant an escort. The real cargo was likely the second item, a shielding container. The contents? Yellowcake.

Venom Snake: Yellowcake?

Kaz: That's right. The raw material for a nuclear weapon. That might point to the "weapon to surpass Metal Gear" Emmerich told us about, but who can say... Thing is, there isn't a lot of it. Not enough to make a nuclear warhead. Give us some time. We'll look into it, try to figure out why they had this under such close guard.