Chapter 10: Visiting DD

Venom Snake's POV

I got back to Mother Base. I once again see Ocelot and DD. DD was starting to run at me.

Ocelot: Halt!

DD stays where he is. He barks.

Ocelot: Hey. See that? Now that's discipline. Following orders like a real Diamond Dog. Soon he'll—

DD runs to me.

Ocelot: No. Stay! Stay!

He starts pawing me again. I start petting him. He rolls on the floor as I continue to pet him and rub his belly.

Ocelot: DD, go!

He orders DD, while pointing at the chopper. DD walks over to it, he gets ready to jump. He jumps on it, but he can't fully get on and hold on. He falls off. He starts to walk away.

Ocelot: Well, maybe not yet... But soon, soon.

He walks away. The chopper then flies away. I call Kaz on my radio.

Kaz: Boss. I see you are back.

Venom Snake: Yes, did the target arrive?

Kaz: Yeah, he's working on upgrades for your arm. When they are ready, you can develop them on your IDroid.

Venom Snake: Good to know.

Kaz: Now that you are here, you are free to rest. No more missions at the moment. When something comes up, I'll let you know.

I end the call. I look through my cassette tapes. I look through my music ones.

Venom Snake: The Man Who Sold The World.

I pick the cassette tape and put it in my player. I then use my IDroid to play it. I walk around the base, see everything that's going on. We have bases being made by our construction team. A few soldiers see me and salute me.

Soldier: Boss.

Venom Snake: At ease.

They walk off and continue to do what they are doing. I walk to the shower and clean myself. After that, I head to my quarters. I walk in.

Venom Snake: You and Ocelot wanted to make sure I had the best one, didn't you, Kaz.

I had a good set, I had a big bed. TV, and some books. I take off my gear and put on normal clothes. I get on the bed and rest.

Venom Snake: I think I'll take a nap. I had a long few days.

I slowly start to close my eye and nap.