Chapter 29: Battle Gear

Venom Snake's POV

I am in the ACC. I am resting, I then get a call from Kaz.

Kaz: Boss... About those Walker Gears spreading all over Africa, Huey's got an idea for a counterweapon.

Venom Snake: Okay, I'm on my way back to the base. You and Huey can show me there.

Kaz: Okay... Boss.

Timeskip

I make it back to Mother Base, I enter the room that Kaz, Ocelot, and Huey is in.

Huey: This.

I take the blueprint from Huey.

Huey: It's a variable multi-legged tank, a spin-off of Metal Gear technology.

Ocelot: Big fan of "spin-offs," isn't he? I hear he borrowed from the Soviets in Costa Rica, too.

Huey: The design allows for a lot of freedom in setups. It's based around a central core unit... So you can quickly reconfigure the hardware to suit any sort of mission parameters...

Kaz: What the good doctor's trying to say is that it's customizable.

Huey: Naturally it will raise the probability of success for standard missions, but it functions as an improved deterrent by increasing your pre-emptive strike capability against enemy elements. You just deploy it in a war zone and it's superior firepower puts the brakes on enemy attacks, eventually the whole war machine grinds to a halt. A true... Battle Gear!

Huey turned around and had his hands up, he was excited for this "Battle Gear". I whisper to Kaz.

Venom Snake: Kaz, I'm having déjá vu, here.

Kaz: I don't like him any more than you, but we need this.

Venom Snake: You think it'll cut it in the field?

Kaz: Turning radius is better than any tank's... That's great for regional skirmishes. Tech like this is popping up all among the PFs. Best way to deal with them is to fight fire with fire.

I use the blueprint and hit Huey on the shoulder with it, he turns around and takes it.

Huey: I'll await your instructions, then, Boss...

I start walking away.

Kaz: So, do we have your approval to commence development?

I stop and look at him.

Venom Snake: Fine.

I then walk out of the room.