Chapter 61: Eli's DNA Test

Venom Snake's POV

I decided to go to the ACC. I get a call from Ocelot.

Ocelot: Boss... We're looking for the kids and Sahelanthropus, but there's still no sign of them. We don't know if the chopper pilot is alive either. What have we gone and put in the hands of those kids? We don't know how bad this is until we find them.

Venom Snake: We need to find Eli and Sahelanthropus as soon as we can.

Ocelot: Also, regarding our "concerns" about Eli... I've finished looking into whether or not he's a product of THAT project. I have an answer. I put it on tape. Give it a listen.

Venom Snake: Okay.

I find the tape on my iDroid and play it.

Ocelot: Boss, we've got the results of Eli's genetic tests. We can finally put this worry behind us.

Kaz: We used the PCR technique and conducted DNA fingerprinting of the copied DNA sequences. Neither is mainstream science yet, but the concepts and procedures are sound. Both tests say there is 0% chance that the two of you are blood relatives. Meaning, the results are negative. He's not your son, nor is he your clone. He's just another person.

Ocelot: It was 12 years ago that Zero made plans to clone you. Eli's age and appearance certainly are a good fit. I admit the first time I saw him I did a double take, but it looks like we were worried for nothing. Eli isn't your clone. Though you might still have one somewhere out there.

Kaz: But if Eli isn't the Boss's clone, why does he seem so obsessed with him? Not to mention having one hell of an attitude for his age.

Ocelot: I don't know - learning the truth about himself, cursing the fact he's a clone, bearing a grudge against selfish adults, and coming to hate who he was cloned from - Big Boss. If that were really the case, I could understand it. I might even feel a bit sorry for him. But no clone could have a totally different DNA fingerprint. And the tests left no room for error. You yourself were there when we drew Eli's blood sample.

Kaz: Come to think of it... when we went to OKB Zero, he'd snuck onto a chopper and was there.

Ocelot: Yeah.

Kaz: He was acting strange even then - or actually from a little before that time.

Ocelot: That was exactly when we began these tests.

Kaz: Maybe he suspected something when we drew the sample. Not knowing what we were doing to him... and becoming mistrustful of us.

Ocelot: Hard to say. Eli's had an attitude problem from day one.

Kaz: So what is he, then?

Ocelot: If he's going to tell us that himself, we'll need to get him to open up more first.

The tape ends.

Venom Snake: If Eli is not my son...