Chapter 27: Blood Runs Deep

Venom Snake's POV

I have another important mission. I am in the chopper with DD.

Kaz: There are six targets. Our contract is to kill them all. And the client is the general they served under. He wants them dead to keep them from talking. Check the VI on your iDroid for more information.

I got out of the chopper. Me and DD start running to where the general should be. We make it to the area. DD helps me mark where all of the enemies are at. I see two guards. I shoot one of them with my tranquilizer gun. I quickly run to the other guard and put him in a CQC hold. I get out my knife and aim it at his neck.

Venom Snake: Talk!

Guard: The man you're looking for... is here.

I put him to sleep with my chokehold. I then pick up his body and put him in a dumpster. I then continue to sneak through the area. I get out my binoculars and spot the target.

Kaz: Our contract is to eliminate the target.

I get out a sniper rifle, I shoot the target with a suppresser on, so no one could hear the shot.

Kaz: Target confirmed dead. Five targets remaining.

Venom Snake: Something tells me this will be a long night...

Me and DD run out of the base, we continue to run on the road, but then we saw a outpost with a car. I quickly get in the car and turn it on, DD gets on the passenger seat as I drive to the area where the five targets are. When we arrived, DD scanned where all of the guards are at by their scent. I sneak past all of the guards and find a locked cage door that lead to a cave. I pick lock to door and head down. I see another lock door that lead further down the cage. I pick lock that door as well. When I open the door, I get out my AM-MRS-4 and aim it while walking down the cave. I find a cage, it was five kids. They notice me.

Kaz: Bingo. You know what to do.

Venom Snake's thoughts: But they are just kids...

One of the kids get up and puts his arm through the cage, he has a diamond in his hand. I pick up the diamond and look at it. I then put it back in his hand. All of the other kids do the same and show me their diamonds.

Kaz: Their lives for a fistful of diamonds, huh? And what happens after that? They can't go home... They've only got two options. Heaven or Hell.

I take the clip out, and then back in my gun.

Venom Snake: No. There's another.

I remember someone telling me that once, but I forgot who and when.

Kaz: Outer Heaven...?

I aim my guns at the kids.

Kaz: Tapes rolling, Boss...

I shoot at the kids, they start screaming. I see that I shot a bucket that had lots of diamonds spilling out of it.

Venom Snake: How about it, Kaz? Looks like our client just got outbid...

The kids start slowly getting up, realizing I wasn't shooting them.

Kaz: We got the recording. Objective accomplished.

I put my gun away.

Venom Snake: Let's go.

I unlock the door and free the kids, they walk out of their cage.

Kaz: We'll bring 'em back to Mother Base. Now, for the RV...

I open my iDroid and check out the map.

Kaz: There's some high ground downriver. I'll have the chopper set down there. Lead the kids to safety. Listen. The kids don't get hurt. No matter what, you bring 'em back alive.

Venom Snake: They'll make it back.

Kaz: Exit the cave and turn left, then pass through the swamp, and follow the river downstream.

I see one kid still in the cage, he wasn't standing, and he was clutching his leg.

Kaz: He doesn't look like he can walk. You still gonna help him?

Venom Snake: I will.

I pick the kid up firemen's style. I also grab the diamonds before getting out of the cave with the kids. We sneak past all of the outposts in the area. I had to take some guards down with my tranquilizer gun. As we were getting to our chopper, we were detected and the chopper started getting shot. I quickly put all of the kids in the chopper and I get in and close the doors.

Kaz: Is that everybody?

Venom Snake: Yeah.

Kaz: Good job, mission complete, I'll see you back at base.

Timeskip

The chopper arrived back at base. The chopper lands. I get out of the chopper.

Venom Snake: Come on!

The kids start getting out of the chopper. I see my men surrounding us with guns. One of the kids bump into Kaz, knocking them both down on the ground. The kid gets up and runs back over to me, one of my men help Kaz up.

Kaz: Whatcha thinking, Boss?

Venom Snake: I'm thinking that he's tougher than he looks. A little training, he'll make himself useful.

Kaz: Never liked kids. Especially ones with guns...

Kaz hits the kid with his clutch, the kid then takes my gun from me and aims it at Kaz. He stands there, hesitant.

Venom Snake: See? Kid's a natural.

Kaz: No... He's no natural.

Kaz takes the gun away from the kid, takes the clip out, and hands it back to me.

Kaz: Far from it.

The kids start following the soldiers. They got the kid I had to carry on a stretcher.

Kaz: You probably noticed on the way in, we've expanded housing. They'll have their own quarters, separate from ours. Won't be counted as staff.

Venom Snake: So what, we're running a daycare, now?

Kaz: They'll learn how to read and write, do basic jobs.

Venom Snake: A chance at a real life... Just not from behind a gun.

Kaz: Being behind a gun's what we do, Boss. There's no room for angels in our heaven.

Kaz limps away. I get out my phantom cigar and smoke.

Venom Snake: I should probably rest.

I walk to my quarters.