Chapter 24: Visiting Quiet

Venom Snake's POV

I am in the chopper with DD. I get a call from Ocelot.

Ocelot: Boss, I need to talk to you about this "Quiet." Can you meet me at her cell here on the base?

Venom Snake: Sure.

Ocelot: Whenever's fine. Thanks.

Venom Snake: I'll head there now.

Timeskip

We are getting closer to base. Before we got to the landing, I took a look at the base. It had been growing, and it got more platforms. We also got more men too. The chopper lands on the medical base. I get off, DD follows me. I walk down the stairs to Quiet's cell. I see Quiet laying on her stomach on her bunk bed with her.... bra unclipped. I see Ocelot looking at her. I walk over to him. Quiet clips her bra and gets up.

Ocelot: She uh... refuses to wear clothes. The last staff member who tried to dress her, breathing through tubes.

Quiet then walked towards us. She put her hand in the bars. She was giving me a look. A flirty look.

Ocelot: Other then that, she's completely cooperative. She understands English, but she never speaks sweats, or breathes.

Venom Snake: What?

Ocelot: Well, not with lungs at least - she breathes through her skin. Clothing would suffocate her.

Quiet was now crossing her arms on the outside of the bars. Still giving me a flirty look... she then stopped and walked over to the shower. She turned on the water and started showering.

Ocelot: Showers are okay, but she can't be submerged.

Quiet was rubbing her hands all over her body as she continued to shower. She then started vibrating.

Venom Snake: What's wrong with her?

Ocelot: She's drinking. Through her skin.

Quiet then turned off the water.

Venom Snake: She's okay?

Ocelot: She's okay. She just can't move when she's taking in water. Look.

Quiet then got on her knees and started rubbing the floor with herself. Taking in as much water as she can. She then got up and laid back down in her bed.

Ocelot: See that? She hasn't eaten a thing since she got here.

Venom Snake: She doesn't eat either?

Ocelot: Never. It's photosynthesis.

Venom Snake: Photosynthesis? That's the verdict from the Medical staff?

Ocelot: No, the jury's still out. But it's the only explanation for what we've seen. The GRU had a man with that ability in its Cobra Unit. We don't think she's contagious, but some of the staff... can't stomach her. It's starting to affect morale.

Venom Snake: Can't you send her in a mission?

Ocelot: By herself? No. But as you know, she does have skill... Why not take her out on one of your missions? She seems so like you. Of course, only if you think she'll be useful. Next time you go out, you keep her in mind.

Venom Snake: I'll think about it.

I look at Quiet again, she was looking at me again. I am confused. She never looked at me like this. The past times, she tried to kill me. But now she's been acting different. I ignore that thought and walk upstairs.