Chapter 40: Aim True, Ye Vengeful

Venom Snake's POV

I once again have another mission. Kaz gives me the mission details.

Kaz: Your mission objectives are to extract the child soldiers' commander, and their captive - the general's No. 2. This child soldier platoon decided to break away from the Mbele militants. They took the No. 2 captive and have occupied an abandoned village. Start by checking that location on your map.

Venom Snake: Okay, I got it.

Kaz: Boss... the child soldiers will treat you as an enemy, but they're just kids. See that they don't get hurt.

Venom Snake: Don't worry, I know what I'm doing.

The chopper lands. I find D-Horse and start riding him to the objective. Ocelot gives me a call.

Ocelot: Reconnaissance is best conducted from high vantage points. I've marked a good spot on your map. Take a look at your iDroid.

I sneak to the objective. I see the commander talking with another child soldier.

Kaz: There he is - the commander. Extract him.

I get out my tranquilizer gun and shoot both the commander and the other child soldier. I pick up the commander and put him in a nearby jeep. I then see a child soldier with a hostage.

Kaz: Ok, that's the general's brother - his No. 2. Get him out of there, Boss.

I shoot the child soldier with my tranquilizer gun and I run over to pick up the No. 2. I put him in the jeep that the commander is in. I call the chopper and I drive both targets to the landing zone. When the chopper arrives. I put both targets in the chopper. I get on the chopper after.

Kaz: Mission complete, Boss.