Chapter 47: Metallic Archaea

Venom Snake's POV

Pequod: Clouds ahead!

Quiet gets up and gets a better look at the clouds. I turn back towards Code Talker.

Code Talker: It's them?!

I put on Code Talker's seatbelt. Me and Quiet looks outside the chopper. I close the chopper doors. We go into the clouds. The chopper is slowly turning brown, it's all rusty. The glass on the front of the chopper break. I get to the first to see Pequod dead. I try to get the chopper steady. But the chopper starts going down, me and Quiet try to hang on to something. We see a Skull bump into the chopper. We then crash into the airport. I feel my conscience fade as we crash.

Short Timeskip

My conscience slowly comes back. I still hear the chopper beeping.

Kaz: Snake. Snake, do you hear me?

My vision slowly comes back to me.

Kaz: Are you OK?

Venom Snake: I-I'm fine...

The beeping stops. The whole chopper is rusty. I crawl out of the chopper and then stand up. I feel the rusty chopper, dust comes off my fingers. Mist is surrounding the area.

Kaz: It looks like you're surrounded by mist. The support chopper can't get close to your position right now.

I get back in the chopper and drag Code Talker out, he quickly wakes up.

Code Talker: Hurry! They are coming.

I see the clouds above us. I then hear grunting. I see someone with dust going in him, he falls on the ground. I then see a Skull. The man then slowly get up, under the Skull's control. I then see all of them slowly walking towards us. I see Quiet beside me. The Skull's harden their armor.

Code Talker: We are their quarry...

Kaz: The Skulls...! So that mist is their work. We won't be able to send in another chopper for now. Boss, you need to eliminate the Skulls. We cannot lose Code Talker.

I get out a grenade launcher and start shooting at the Skulls. It breaks one of the Skull's armor. I take the chance to get out my ALM 48 and start shooting him. I kill him. I see the other three have some boulders above them. They throw them at me, I run out of the way so they don't hit me. Quiet shoots one of the Skull's damaging his armor, I then start shooting him. I kill him. We do the same to the last two Skulls. Quiet uses her sniper to damage the armor of the Skulls, and I use my ALM 48 to kill them. The clouds clear up.

Kaz: Nice going, Boss. That mist is clearing.

Ocelot: Great work, Boss. I'm coming in on another chopper. Get Code Talker to the LZ and wait there.

I run over to Code Talker and pick him up. The chopper arrives.

Ocelot: Get in, Boss.

I put Code Talker in the chopper, me and Quiet then get on. Me and Ocelot strap in Code Talker. The chopper starts taking off.

Code Talker: Skull Face is no longer in Africa. The nuclear test was a success. Now they turn their knives on me.

Kaz: Satellites didn't read any test. Neither did seismometers.

Code Talker: The detonation test took place five years ago, in the southern Indian Ocean. This final test was the opposite... To prevent detonation.

Kaz: You mean...

Code Talker: Skull Face plans to sell nuclear weapons that he retains control of.

Ocelot: That's not like hawking small arms to militias...