Chapter 99: Chico vs FOB

Y/N's POV

We made it back to Mother Base. The chopper lands on the helipad, me and Chico get off.

Y/N: So now, we should have the nuke dismantled.

Chico: So we keep doing this when the Intel team finds a new FOB with a nuke?

Y/N: Yes.

I check my iDroid.

Y/N: Speaking of that, they just tracked another one.

Chico: Really? That was quick!

Y/N: So we need to go it.

Chico: I'm down.

Y/N: Okay, let's get goin-

Chico: Wait!

Y/N: What is it?

Chico: I wonder go by myself, if that's okay...

Y/N: Chico?

Chico: I wanna prove my worth. And I want to show that I can be useful. I wanna do this, for Paz. For Peace. So please, can you let me have that chance?

I think about it, he knows what to do, and he has gotten a lot better in combat.

Y/N: Fine. But remember, extract the nuke, and infiltrate the base.

Chico: Got it, I won't let you down, Boss.

I nod. Chico gets back in the chopper. The chopper flies off.

Timeskip

Chico's POV

I am on the chopper. I am getting closer and closer to the FOB.

Y/N: Still remember what your mission is?

Chico: Extract the nuke, and infiltrate the main tower without getting spotted.

Y/N: This is your chance to prove yourself. I know you won't let me down.

I smile. I arrive at the FOB. I go up the stairs and see the guards. I successfully sneak through the first platform.

Chico: I got through the first platform.

Y/N: Keep going.

As I'm sneaking through the second platform. I see the guards close by. I get out my daggers and throw them at the guards, they fall to the ground choking on their blood. I then make it to the next platform. A guard sees me.

Guard: H-

I quickly get out my machete and stab the guard. Another guard comes around. I slice his head off with my machete. I then sneak through and make it to the final platform. I see the nuke.

Chico: For peace... Paz....

I extract the nuke the way Y/N did.

Chico: Y/N, I extracted the nuke.

Y/N: Good job, now finish the infiltration.

Chico: Okay.

I go up the tower. I see guards.

Guard: Hold It-

I get out my hook sword and swing it at the guard, killing him. I then swing it to the other guards before they could alert the others. I climb the tower and make it to the top. I go in the tower.

Y/N: You did it. Now extract the men.

Chico: Okay, got it.

Timeskip

The chopper is taking me back to base. I arrive in the helipad. I see Y/N waiting for me.

Y/N: You did great, Chico.

Chico: Thanks...

Y/N: I know Paz is smiling from above...

I feel a tear come down my eye.

Chico: I hope I made her proud...

I walk away, glad that I was able to help.