Chapter 42: After Quiet's attack

Venom Snake's POV

I put Quiet back in her cell. As I was about to leave, she woke up. She then started hitting the bars, trying to get my attention. She looked guilty of what happened, but I was angry.

Venom Snake: What the hell was that?!

Quiet frowns.

Venom Snake: Why did you attack him?! Why did you attack that soldier?!

Quiet then stated pointing at her throat. Which confused me.

Venom Snake: Was he trying to choke you?

Quiet shakes her head. She then opens her mouth and points inside of her mouth.

Venom Snake: There was something in his throat?

Quiet slowly nods. I hear Ocelot walking down.

Ocelot: He'll be fine. Teeth is messed up because of what Quiet did, but no other injury.

Venom Snake: I tried to get answers from Quiet. She started pointing at her throat. Something was in his throat.

Ocelot: Really! Doctors didn't see anything.

I look back at Quiet.

Venom Snake: Maybe it's something only she can see.

Ocelot: I don't know. We'll look more into it.

Venom Snake: I'll leave, you can deal with her...

I see Quiet give me a sad look before I leave. I do feel a little bad. She clearly can't tell me what's going on. But what could be a good reason to attack a fellow soldier like that? I open my iDroid and see what tapes I can play.

Venom Snake: Rebel Yell...

I then play the tape.

I listen to the song as I walk back to my quarters. I see DD laying on my bed. DD sees me and jumps off.

Venom Snake: Hey there, DD.

I pet DD. DD licks my hand. I take off my sneaking suit and shower. Once again, my mind is on Quiet...