Chapter 62: Ocelot training

Venom Snake's POV

The chopper flies me back to Mother Base. I see Ocelot watching three soldiers shooting their guns at targets. Two of them are doing it normally. But one of them was shooting the gun from the side of his hip. Ocelot walks to him.

Ocelot: Again.

The soldier does it again. But then the gun stops firing. Ocelot takes the gun from him. He unloads the gun. There was a bullet stuck on the recoil.

Ocelot: You see that in the movies?

Ocelot gets the bullet out.

Ocelot: That's an automatic - don't bother trying to dampen the recoil. You do that with a revolver.

Ocelot walks around.

Ocelot: We Diamond Dogs, are now a force to be reckoned with. We've got the world's attention. We're not some tribal militia. So don't act like one. You will learn how a real soldier fights. You will forget everything Hollywood taught you. And if I catch you doing something else... you'll know it.

Ocelot looks at the gun.

Ocelot: Engravings... give you no tactical advantage whatsoever. That was some fancy shooting. Pretty good.

Ocelot sees me and walks towards me.

Venom Snake: Remembering the first time we met?

Ocelot: You know... that advice was pretty useful all those years ago.

Ocelot walks away. I head to my quarters.