Chapter 36: Bringing Quiet

Venom Snake's POV

I am laying in my quarters. I get a call from Kaz.

Kaz: Boss, I know you just saved our platform. But there are reports of child soldiers taking over Masa village after the CFA got wiped out there. They've been raiding the surrounding villages, so the people have requested we eliminate them. Check your Mission List for the details.

I check the mission list on my iDroid. I put on my sneaking suit and walk out of my quarters. I call the chopper. When the chopper arrives I see Ocelot walking towards me.

Ocelot: Boss, I think it's time.

I see Quiet appear next to Ocelot, she has a sniper rifle with her.

Venom Snake: I assume Kaz doesn't know?

Ocelot: No, he won't be happy when he finds out, but Quiet could be a good ally.

I look at Quiet.

Venom Snake: Let's go.

Me and Quiet get on the chopper. Ocelot waves at us as the chopper takes off.

Timeskip

The chopper is flying us to Africa for my next mission. I see Quiet sitting awkwardly. It's probably weird for her to be in here instead of her cell.

Venom Snake: Quiet...

Quiet turned and looked at me, confused. I don't really know what to say to her.

Venom Snake: I know we... didn't have the best few meetings...

Quiet continues to stare at me, listening.

Venom Snake: You are very skilled... I know Kaz and the rest of Diamond Dogs don't trust you at all... But me and Ocelot has faith in you. I think you'll be an amazing partner.

Quiet smiles at me, appreciating what I said to her.

Venom Snake: Kaz will give me the details of what we're doing when we get to Africa. I already know we'll complete it, together.

Quiet nods.

Venom Snake: But... how are we going to communicate?

Quiet hums.

Venom Snake: You can scout out areas, and attack from above. I noticed when we fought, you would hum if you had me in your sights.

Quiet nods again.

Venom Snake: You should do the same if you spot an enemy, but don't shoot until I command you to.

Quiet smiles and once again nods.

Venom Snake: Okay, we're ready...