Chapter 30: Another visit with Quiet

Venom Snake's POV

I walked out of the R&D room where Huey is working on Battle Gear. I see a soldier walk up to me and salute.

Soldier: Nice to see you, Boss.

Venom Snake: At ease.

The soldier then walks away. I open up my iDroid and play some music. I then walk to my quarters. I see DD.

Venom Snake: Hey there, boy.

I pet DD, and he licks my hand. I then lay down on my bed. A certain someone then gets in my mind.

Venom Snake: Quiet...

Maybe I should give her another visit, see how she's doing. I haven't heard anything about her lately, she shouldn't be causing any trouble. I get out of bed and leave my quarters. I get on a one of our jeeps and drive to the medical platform. I see soldiers guarding around the stairs that lead to Quiet's cell. The soldiers see me and they salute.

Soldier: Boss... please don't let that woman out.

I say nothing. I head downstairs to see Quiet in her cell. She is laying on her stomach on her bed, her bra is unclipped. Quiet then sees me and clips her bra, she gets up.

Venom Snake: Quiet...

Quiet walks closer to me, she puts her hand on the bar, and gives me the same flirty look she gave me last time.

Venom Snake: A-Are you okay down here?

Quiet nods.

Venom Snake: Maybe I can put a radio down here, so you have music to listen to.

Quiet just stares at me, then she smiles and nods, liking the idea. I open up my iDroid and check out my staff, Quiet is the only one on the brig.

Venom Snake: I've been thinking, sooner or later, maybe you can help me out on missions.

I hear someone coming down the stairs, it was Ocelot.

Ocelot: Ah, I see you are visiting, Boss.

Venom Snake: Ocelot...

Ocelot: So... you plan on letting her out?

Venom Snake: Yeah, soon. I think she would be useful.

Quiet smiles at me again.

Venom Snake: But Kaz...

Ocelot: Don't worry about Miller, I'll think of something. Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

Me and Ocelot look at Quiet.

Ocelot: One day, Quiet can just get out without the others knowing, and she'll come with you.

Venom Snake: I'll let you know when I need her.

Ocelot: Got it.

Venom Snake: Also, put a radio down here, so Quiet isn't laying here in silence.

I walk up the stairs and head back to the command platform. I then get a radio call from Kaz.

Kaz: Boss! This is important!

Venom Snake: What's wrong?

Kaz: I'll give you the mission details on the way there.

Venom Snake: Got it.

I call the chopper. Pequod then flies to me, I get on the chopper. Pequod flies us away.