Chapter 78: Kingdom Of The Flies

Y/N's POV

I am still in my quarters. I get a call from Kaz.

Kaz: Boss, about Eli and his boys.

Y/N: You know where they went?

Kaz: They're still working on it, but the chopper pilot they had fly them out of here is back.

Y/N: And?

Kaz: He said once Sahelanthropus and the chopper got out to sea, they split up and headed in different directions. The chopper headed straight for Africa. They made it about 50 miles inland before running out of fuel. The kids used vines and duct tape to tie the pilot to his seat before they disappeared. He was almost dead from dehydration when the medics found him. They left him alive on purpose.

Y/N: Yeah. They're calling us out. They want to settle this.

Kaz: The Intel Team are using the direction Sahelanthropus headed, and the direction the kids took off in to narrow down the search area. And with HEC helping out, it won't be long before we know where Eli is. There's just one thing that bothers me.

Y/N: What's that?

Kaz: Apparently there are already men going around the nearby villages asking for witnesses of the "giant in the sky."

Y/N: Damn it, already?

Kaz: It's clearly business as usual for Cipher even with Skull Face gone. They must've been dying to get Sahelanthropus back ever since Afghanistan. And if they beat us to it, they'll be getting more than that - Eli's been carrying the English strain of the vocal cord parasite. We tracked down Eli and his "men." They've spread the parasite across the island. It won't affect you if your voice hasn't broken, so they're safe, for now. Eli's driven all the adults off the island. Recess is officially in session. His own version of "Lord of the Flies." Only instead of a pig's head, Sahelanthropus. And it's swarming with something worse than flies. They've presented one demand in exchange for the nuke. Big Boss's body. Those kids've got a lot to learn.

Timeskip

The chopper is taking me to the island. Kaz gives me mission details.

Kaz: Okay, Boss. The objective is to recover Sahelanthropus and the children - Eli included. Once you're in the air, we'll hit the island with napalm. Can't let those things spread. It gets worse. Here's the tape from when Eli took off.

The tape plays. Eli is heard coughing.

Eli: Where is he?

Ocelot: I told you, your father's not here.

Eli: They're back.

The tape ends.

Kaz: His voice is starting to change. Meaning he's almost a man. So if he's carrying the English-language strain... Well, if he starts showing symptoms, it's over.

The chopper lands. I have a mask on. I start exploring the island. I see a bunch of traps, and dead XOF soldiers.

Y/N: Jeez...

I carefully avoid the traps. I then see Sahelanthropus with Eli inside, and the kids. I get out my gun and get in cover. I then see XOF start sneaking around Sahelanthropus. I see a soldier aim his gun at Eli. He shoots, but the shot was blocked by the Third Boy. Then the XOF started shooting at Sahelanthropus, including rockets, but the Third Boy blocked all of it. Eli sat down and Sahelanthropus started to shoot the soldiers. I get out of cover as Fire was coming out. I get back in cover as I see soldiers burning. Sahelanthropus sees me, I put my gun away and walk out of cover. Eli is looking at me from inside Sahelanthropus.