Chapter 8: DD

Venom Snake's POV

I was in my chopper preparing for the last mission Kaz assigned me. But then he called me.

Kaz: Prolonged time in the field is bad for the body and mind. I think it's time you took a break. Do it for me. Come back to Mother Base ASAP.

Venom Snake: Okay, I'm on my way.

Timeskip

The chopper flies me back to Mother Base. We land on the helipad. I see Ocelot, he is with the dog I Fulton extracted last mission. The dog runs to me.

Ocelot: DD! Come back!

The dog starts pawing on me.

Venom Snake: This...

Ocelot: Is the dog you brought back. Bit of a troublemaker. Not sure about the breed, though.

I pick up the dog. The dog starts licking my face.

Venom Snake: He'll get bigger?

Ocelot: Uh-huh. Like this.

The dog continues to lick my face.

Ocelot: You know, I can look after him. He's still a pup so he doesn't listen. But I have a feeling someday he'll be useful. I suspect you've discovered a real diamond in the rough. A little polish, and I'd say we got a true Diamond Dog on our hands.

I raise the dog in the air.

Venom Snake: DD, right? Ocelot raising hounds... Fine.

I put DD down. He starts pawing at me again.

Ocelot: Come on, DD!

DD follows Ocelot as he walks away. I see Kaz limping over to me.

Kaz: Welcome back Boss.

Venom Snake: How are you feeling Kaz?

Kaz: Feeling better.

Venom Snake: I know you said I should take a break, but you assigned me one more mission. It looks important.

Kaz: Ah, yes. It is. Hostage situation. How about you save him, then you take a break. Deal?

Venom Snake: Deal.

Kaz: Okay, me and Ocelot will give you the mission details on the way there. Go ahead and call the chopper.

Venom Snake: Of course.

I call the chopper, it arrives a minute later. I get in as it flies away from Mother Base.