Chapter 48: Skull Face

Venom Snake's POV

My chopper is on flying me near OKB Zero. There is another chopper that has Kaz, Quiet, Huey, Eli, and other soldiers in there flying along side mine.

Kaz: The research facility Emmerich was talking about is north of the Soviet base. That's where Skull Face is keeping Sahelanthropus before setting it loose in Afghanistan. There's a good chance he's got nukes, too.

Ocelot: Boss, we need to figure out what Skull Face is up to. If you make contact with him, get him to talk. The ethnic cleansing parasites... Sahelanthropus... Find out what his plans are.

The other chopper flies off.

Kaz: All we know is that Skull Face's plans are on the verge of fruition. We need to stop him, while we still can.

Venom Snake: Agreed.

The chopper lands. I drop down and start running for OKB Zero.

Kaz: The Soviet soldiers in that area are all dead. Apparently XOF unleashed the Russian parasite strain. To isolate the facility, they first spread reports of a chemical weapon leak. The infection won't spread into the surrounding regions. But still... To think they'd just exterminate the men who worked with them all this time... Skull Face must be making his final play.

I continue to run.

Kaz: Eli snuck into the cargo on board the chopper. His idea of an escape attempt? Who can say? We'll think of how to deal with him later.

Huey: Snake, do you read me? I know more than anyone about OKB Zero and Sahelanthropus. Boss, I've made up my mind. I want to be of use to you... not HIM. Let me work to pay for what I've done. I'll prove it... That I'm... That I've always been your ally.

Ocelot: Boss, I'll be focused on coordinating backup here at Mother Base. The chain of command is still in place. If you have orders, give them through Miller as usual.

Kaz: Skull Face is in OKB Zero. Start by making contact with him. The facility itself is under the control of XOF, Cipher's strike force. We have no hard data on their force strength. So your judgement in the field will be key.

As I see OKB Zero, the other chopper is nearby.

Kaz: Boss, we're finally here. Find Skull Face... and take everything from him.

I manage to stay out of sight and sneak through the first gate.

Kaz: Good work. Two more gates to go.

While sneaking through the second gate, I get spotted. I quickly shoot the XOF soldier before he could alert the others, I also snipe other XOF members who might've saw me if I just snuck through. I get through the second gate.

Kaz: All right. You're through the second gate. Only one gate left. From here on in, you're in the enemy's headquarters.

I sneak through everyone, with the help of a sandstorm. I CQC the XOF guard blocking the way to the heliport. I then run up the stairs, I see the XOF helicopter.

Kaz: Boss, can you see the heliport? Skull Face is right there. Make contact with him and get him to talk. We have to stop him before his plan is set in motion. Sahelanthropus is somewhere inside there... First of all, make contact with Skull Face. Don't kill him yet. We need him to talk first.

Venom Snake: Understood.

I get out my gun and slowly walk up the stairs of the heliport. I see Skull Face about to get on his chopper. I then see the floating boy. The floating boy disappears. Skull Face turned around and saw me.

Skull Face: You, too, have known loss. And that loss torments you still.

The XOF soldiers all get out of the chopper and aim their guns at me. Skull Face moves them aside, then makes them put down their guns.