Chapter 37: The White Mamba

Venom Snake's POV

Me and Quiet are on our way to our next mission.

Kaz: Capture the White Mamba, the child soldiers' commander, and bring him back to Mother Base. First off, head for Bwala ya Masa.

We arrived at the landing zone. Me and Quiet both get out. I look at Quiet.

Venom Snake: Scout out Bwala ya Masa.

Quiet nods at me before teleporting off. I start running towards Bwala ya Masa. I see a village.

Kaz: Your target, the White Mamba, showed up in this village out of the blue, and took command of the child soldiers. The surrounding villages have been victims of their raids and brutality ever since. But if you extract their commander, those kids'll have no choice but to stand down. Should wrap up the whole situation.

Venom Snake: Got it.

Kaz: Remember, they are just kids. You can't kill any of them, including the commander.

Venom Snake: Don't worry, I'm not killing the kids.

Kaz: Good luck, Boss.

I sneak through the village. I see a woman inside a house tied up.

Woman: Please... help me!

I untie the woman, take her outside, and Fulton extract her. I then see a kid. He spots me, but before he could alert the others, a tranquilizer dart hits him in the neck. I look over and see Quiet. She smirks and gives me a thumbs up.

Venom Snake: Good one, Quiet.

Quiet hums in response. I then sneak all the way to the boat. I climb up the stairs and see the White Mamba.

Venom Snake: So you're the so-called 'White Mamba'.

The White Mamba sits up and lifts his leg on his other leg.

Venom Snake: Something tells me that's not the name your parents gave you.

The White Mamba glares at me and gets off of his chair. He grabs a sharp piece of metal and charges me. He tries to stab me with the metal, but I grab the metal and strike him down. He grabs a bottle and throws it, but I use my prosthetic arm to block the bottle. He starts to run away.

Ocelot: So that commander thinks he can take you on...

I chase after the White Mamba.

White Mamba: Not yet, Snake! It's not over yet!

I see Quiet shoot a tranquilizer dart at him, he gets stunned by it. I quickly hip throw him while he's stunned. He quickly gets up. I see other kids shooting at me. Quiet uses her "Guilty Butterfly" sniper to tranquilize the kids. I chase the White Mamba back inside. I punch him, making him fall down. I start walking closer to him. He grabs a chair and tries hitting me with it, but I move out of the way. He then charges me with the chair, trapping me to the wall, he gets out a knife and tries to stab me. I quickly grab his wrist and chop him at the neck. I get the chair off me and kick him in the knee. I then disarm him. He charges me again, I grab him arm and throw him to the ground. I then bring the knife down next to his face. He looks at the knife and then at me in shock.

Venom Snake: You lose, "commander."

The White Mamba sighs in defeat. I tie up his hands and pick him up, I call the chopper and I take him to the landing point. The chopper arrives as I put the White Mamba down. I free him and put my hand out to help him up. He ignores me and gets up on his own. I clinch my fist. He gets on the chopper. Quiet arrives and gets on with me. I signal the White Mamba to sit down. He does.

Timeskip

We arrived back at the base. Quiet teleports back to her cell as I get out of the chopper. Soldiers and kids were watching us. I let my hand out to the White Mamba again to help him off the chopper. He again ignores me and gets off on his own. I clinch my fist again. He looks around at the base.

Venom Snake: Welcome to Outer Heaven.

I pat him on the back and walk away. I then hear his fast footsteps coming at me, he grabs my knife, he attempts to stab me with my knife. I disarm him and throw him to the ground, I then break his arm. He lets out a big grunt. He sees my knife and tries to grab it, I quickly take it.

Venom Snake: We have rules around here. Never draw a weapon on a fellow soldier. You got that?

I put my knife away and snap the White Mamba's arm back in place, causing him to grunt again.

Venom Snake: Anyone here can use a knife or a gun. What you're going to learn is how to use your head.

The White Mamba gets up, the soldiers command the kids to get moving, the White Mamba follows them.

Venom Snake: When you get that under your belt, then you're free to leave.

The White Mamba stops and looks at me, he then continues to walk with the other kids. I get out my cigar and smoke.