Chapter 16: DD grown up

Venom Snake's POV

I am in the chopper. I completed my missions. I currently have nothing to do. I get a call from Kaz.

Kaz: Boss... If you've got time on your hands, come spend it back at the base. The men'll miss you if you're gone too long.

Venom Snake: Got it, I got time, I'll head back to base now.

I then order Pequod to take me back to the base. I then arrived back at base, four Diamond Dog soldiers are waiting. They all salute me as I get off the chopper.

Solider: Boss! Welcome home.

Venom Snake: At ease.

They stop saluting me. They then walk away to do their own things. I take this time to shower. When I get off the shower. I see a soldier walking towards me.

Soldier: Hey Boss, Wanna train with me?

Venom Snake: Sure thing.

We both get in a fighting stance. The soldier charges at me, he tries to punch me, but I grab his arm and turn him around, I then put him in a CQC hold.

Soldier: It's an honor to be in your iron grip Boss!

I then pick him up and slam him on the ground. He slowly gets back up, he then salutes.

Soldier: Thank you Boss.

I nod, the soldier walks away. I see Kaz limp to me.

Kaz: Boss!

Venom Snake: Kaz, what's up?

Kaz: Something big just came up. Call the chopper, I'll tell you the details.

Venom Snake: Okay.

Kaz limps away as I call the chopper, the chopper arrives shortly. I am about to get on.

Ocelot: DD, stay!

I turn around.

Venom Snake: DD?

I see DD fully grown up. Ocelot was standing next to him.

Ocelot: Fully trained and ready for action. The rest is up to you.

He looks at DD.

Ocelot: DD, go!

DD then jumps in the chopper. I then get in, I look at Ocelot.

Ocelot: He's going with you.

I close the chopper door as the chopper flies away. I look at DD. DD looked excited. I pet him as we were still flying.

Venom Snake: Let's see what you can do on the field.

DD barks in response, Kaz then calls me.

Kaz: Boss, a certain scientist has contacted us wanting to defect from the East. His name... is Emmerich.

Venom Snake: Emmerich?!

Kaz: That's right. The man we knew as Huey. We suspect he was complicit in the attack of Mother Base nine years ago. He was working with Cipher. I've been waiting a long time for this. So I say, let's help Emmerich defect. Once he's here, we can sit down and catch up on old times. Emmerich is currently at Serak Power Plant. This is our chance. Boss, head for the power plant.

Venom Snake: Of course. I'll get Huey Emmerich.