Chapter 90: Telling Quiet the truth

Y/N's POV

Quiet is on her way back to Mother Base. I am preparing to tell her the truth about me, who I really am. I hear the chopper landing. And in a bit, I see Quiet entering my quarters.

Quiet: You wanted to tell me something?

Y/N: Yeah, I do...

I sit down on my bed. Quiet sits next to me.

Quiet: What is it?

Y/N: Listen... you won't believe me when I say this, but I promise, I am very serious when I say this.

I take a deep breath, I then say my truth.

Y/N: I'm not actually Big Boss... I'm not Snake... I just have his face...

Quiet gave me a confused look.

Quiet: What are you talking about?

Y/N: Remember the day you attacked me at the hospital?

Quiet looks down, guilty about that day.

Y/N: The man who protected me from you, was the real Big Boss. There was an incident nine years ago that caused us to be in a coma. And to protect Big Boss, they used me to give him a "Phantom." I'm his phantom.

Quiet: So... you're not Snake...

Y/N: No...

Quiet: Then... tell me one thing...

Y/N: Anything...

Quiet: What's your real name?

Y/N: Y/N.

Quiet: Y/N...

Y/N: So... there it is, I wanted you to know the truth. If this changes how you view me, I understand, I'm not the legend you thought I was...

Quiet looks to be in deep thought.

Quiet: I don't.

I look at her confused.

Y/N: What?

Quiet: I didn't develop feelings for you because of the legend of Big Boss. I got feelings for you for everything you did. It was you who gave me another chance. It was you who treated me with kindness. It was you who trusted me to be by your side. It was YOU, that I feel in love with...

I start to blush a little bit.

Y/N: I feel the same way...

Quiet smiles.

Quiet: I don't give a damn who you are, I think you're better then Big Boss. And I believe your accomplishments will be bigger then his. I wanna help you with this plan. For peace.

Y/N: I'm glad to have you.

Then out of nowhere, Quiet got closer and kissed me on the lips. She quickly stepped away.

Quiet: Sorry about that...

I grab Quiet and pull her back into a kiss, she's shocked, but she kissed back.

Y/N: No worries.

Quiet blushed a little.

Y/N: Are you ready to rid all nuclear weapons?

Quiet: Yes, Boss.