Chapter 25: You want to head out with the Boss?

Venom Snake's POV

I was in my own room laying on my bed. I couldn't get Quiet out of my mind.

Venom Snake: What is Quiet planning?

I learned about her abilities. That would explain why she's naked. I then got a call from Kaz.

Kaz: Boss, we have a mission for you.

Venom Snake: I'll be right out.

I got suited up and headed outside. Kaz was waiting for me at the door. We walked to the chopper, where Ocelot and other soldiers were at.

Ocelot: Our weather surveillance indicates turbulence out there. Try not to get knocked out of the sky.

Venom Snake: Got it.

As I was about to get on the chopper. Kaz had a weird look on his face. He then hit the chopper with his cane. Quiet then appeared. I look at her.

Venom Snake: Quiet?

Kaz: Where does she think she's going?

Ocelot: You want to head out with the Boss?

Kaz: That'll be the day.

Ocelot: I don't see a problem with it, so long as she's with you. She's a crack shot - a damn fine scout. Well suited for a clandestine op. More then you can say for the others.

Kaz: There's nothing "damn fine" about this... thing!

Quiet gives Kaz a glare, the black butterfly markings are back on her eyes, just like the ones she had during our fight in Afghanistan. Ocelot took out his revolver and spun it. He then handed it out to Quiet.

Ocelot: Here.

Quiet takes the revolver.

Kaz: Hey!

Ocelot points at the chopper blades.

Ocelot: Blades.

Quiet aims the revolver at the blades.

Kaz: Wait a minute! That thing cost a lot of money!

Ocelot put his hand on Kaz's shoulder. Quiet stops aiming, she looks at Ocelot for approval, Ocelot nods. Quiet then shoots the revolver at the blades six times. Every shot went between the blades. I was impressed. Quiet gives the revolver back to Ocelot and he puts it away. The markings on Quiet's eyes disappear.

Ocelot: She can see each individual blade. And her depth perception...

I walk to Quiet.

Venom Snake: You want in?

Quiet gives me a serious, confident look.

Kaz: This is ridiculous! She doesn't talk! How could you possibly stay in communication?

I think about what Kaz said.

Venom Snake: Right. I like working solo anyway.

Quiet closes her eyes and frowns. She starts walking away. I get on the chopper. As the chopper takes off. I see Quiet looking at me. I'll be honest, I felt bad turning her down. Even though I don't 100% trust her, Ocelot was right about her. She could be a good ally on the field. Maybe another time.