Citrus

It has been several months since there had been any activity from Kira. The taskforce had become bored and were complaining that there was nothing to do.

So L did the only thing he could think of, something that happened at the orphanage whenever the kids began complaining of boredom.

He ordered everyone to clean. His response to the groans was that it wasn't fair to expect Watari to clean the entire building by himself, or at least all of the floors that were in use.

Each person was ordered to clean their own floor, even Light, who had his own floor since you had convinced L not to go through with his plan of handcuffing the teen to him.

"If you handcuffed yourself to Light, you'll not only be forced into his presence 24/7. You'll have to deal with Misa's high pitched squeals all the time as well. She hangs all over Light anyway. Imagine having to deal with her 24/7 as well." You had used as your argument. He had thought about it for a few minutes before a look of life displeasure crossed his face. He agreed to put away the handcuffs.

L sighed as he looked over the mess he had on his floor, feeling overwhelmed. He really hated cleaning, preferring to working on cases to washing surfaces. He needed help just getting things organized in order to start cleaning.

There was only one person he trusted bringing into his personal space, besides Watari who was out getting more supplies for everyone.

He took the stairs one floor down, to where your suite was. He knocked on the door and heard your call from within the suite, telling him to come in.

He stepped into your sitting room, finding that every surface of the room appeared perfectly clean, and there was the scent of oranges in the air.

"(First Name)? Where are you?" He called out. He had waited a moment before you came out of the bedroom. 

"I was just finishing up the bathroom. What's up Ryuzaki?"

"I was hoping you could help me with my floor. I have so much stuff in there; I have no idea where to even begin." He admitted. You chuckled lightly. Figures that L would be a genius when it comes to figuring out the clues to one of his cases, but not have a clue about cleaning up a few rooms.

"Sure. I'm pretty much done here anyway. What should I bring with me?"

"I would suggest starting with a couple of trash bags. We can figure out the rest once we've sorted out the mess I've somehow collected." He replied. You nodded and grabbed a half empty box of trash bags, not sure how many you'll actually need.

Once you made it to his suite, you looked over the damage. There were files, video tapes, papers, and candy wrappers all over the floor and the furniture. Looking in the other rooms, you saw that the bedroom looked exactly the same as the sitting room. The bathroom was full of empty or almost empty shampoo and men's body wash bottles. There was dry toothpaste on the sink, the mirror was covered in fingerprints, and the toilet needed scrubbed a bit.

The kitchen was mostly candy wrappers and some flour caked to the countertops. 

You sighed, no wonder he felt overwhelmed. You spent a moment to mentally categorize the types of messes, before deciding on an attack plan.

"First thing we need to do is separate the evidence from the trash and throw said trash away. Once we get an area cleared, we can pile the evidence by what it is. One pile for papers, one for files and one for tapes. Once we clear each room, I'll bring up my cleaning supplies." You explained your plan.

The pair of you worked well together. To be more efficient you both chose one side of the room to work, with a trash bag in between you for easy access.

Everything was picked up and separated in short order, and you moved into the kitchen while L worked in the bedroom.

Once all of the rooms were cleared, you took out the two bags of trash you had used up in L's floor, as well as the bag from your floor. Then you grabbed a bucket, some old rags, and the cleaners you used on your suite.

You brought everything up and set him up in the kitchen.

"What's this?" He asked, holding up my orange scented hand cleaner that you use for the tougher messes.

"It has pumice stones and is made for greasy or dirty hands that you can't get with regular soap. I use It to clean up grime on my counters, sinks, and the bathtub if it needs it. It works very well." You explained, and he followed you to the section of his countertop that was caked in flour. You poured a small amount of the cleaner on the counter, before taking a rag.  You got the rag damp before scrubbing the spot for a  minute.

You took a paper towel and wiped up the cleaner, showing L that the spot of countertop was now clean.

"It doesn't take very much, and the effort is minimal compared to trying other, harsher chemicals." You explained when he gave you a look of astonishment.

You explained the other products he could also use for other parts of the kitchen, before leaving him to clean.

You took your other bottle of your new favorite cleaner into the bathroom.

Over all, it only took another hour to clean all of the surfaces. After finishing the cleaning, you took a break to decide how to start on the evidence.

"Well, the tapes would be the easiest to sort. I have boxes ready for them under my bed, and the tapes are all marked by date. The earliest is the tape from the subway station of Raye Penber's death." He told you.

"Okay then, that is where we will start. After that we need to decide how to sort through all the paperwork."

You ended up sorting the papers while sitting in L:s bedroom, where you each took a pile at a time and separated the papers by the month.

Afterwards, you took a month apiece to sort by date so that everything in chronological order. You had some extra boxes left, so you marked the month on each box, like 'December 2006 Papers'. 

This took much longer to go through than the actual cleaning due to the sheer number of papers. There was so many, that you ended up filing using the name of the officer who did the report. Like 'Mogi December 2006' and so on. For the first part of the investigation, when the task force was larger, the  reports given by other officers who had left the taskforce were marked 'other December 2006'.

It was late in the evening when everyone finished up, but you and Ryuzaki never returned to the monitor room.

With no idea how to find you, since they didn't know which floors either of you stayed on, they simply decided to retire for the night.

It was Watari who found you both asleep on the floor in L's bedroom, surrounded by the boxes of evidence.

For once, L's legs were straight out, and He was leaning up against the bed. His head laid on top of yours, which was on his shoulder as you cuddled up to the sugar addicted man.

With a smile on his face, Watari softly closed the door, leaving you to your rest.