Warp Part 6

(Your pov)

Things had played out just as they had in the anime.

Just as expected Light gave up his Death Note. L was the only person to be holding a piece of the notebook, going over the now uncovered pages from the envelope that had the names of the FBI agents, so he became the new owner.

After that, Higuchi began killing, the confinement ended, and we moved into the new taskforce Headquarters, which is just as amazing in reality as it was in the anime.

After two months of nothing, Light found Yotsuba, Matsuda confirmed it, and had to fake his death, and Misa got Higuchi's confession.

The only difference this time is that L didn't handcuff himself to Light, though the younger man still can't leave headquarters.

Now it is October 28th, and the arrest plan is well underway. We are getting ready to board the helicopter to catch Higuchi.

I watched as the raven-haired genius beckoned Light to follow him. I stood up and left with them, curious about what L was planning. I watched them as the man blindfolded the younger man, before leading him into another room. I heard two clicks, before Light started yelling. I rushed to the door and stopped in shock.

Light Yagami was handcuffed to a chair that was bolted to the floor.

L told Light that he didn't fully trust the boy, so this was merely a precaution.

I stood near the door as L closed the door.

"How did we not know about that room?" I asked.

"I thought that having a couple of rooms like that could prove useful to the case. Seems I was correct."

"Remind me to never make you angry." I replied with a shake of my head. He stopped and smirked at me. If I wasn't blushing from his smirk, I certainly was with his next sentence.

"I could think of another use for them."

I stared at his retreating form. I never knew he had a Dominant side. I had always pegged him as a sub.

I shook my head more aggressively. Now was not the time.

(Later)

We had cornered Higuchi, with the help of Aizawa and the officers. Higuchi had been handcuffed, and was speaking to L through the headset that had been placed on his head. The greedy man has confirmed everything about how the Death Note worked that I had already told him.

Mr Yagami walked over and removed the notebook from his car, panicking when he saw Rem, as did Mogi. The notebook was passed to us, and L got his first glimpse of Rem.

We returned from the arrest, after watching Aizawa hand him off to an officer. Aizawa had been asked to return to Headquarters with us.

L led the men back to the monitor room and I left for my room where all of the evidence had been stored.

L presented everything we had been collecting, proving that Light was Kira and Misa was being manipulated by Light for everything she had done between the last tape, and being brought in for interrogation.

Mr Yagami bowed his head in shame; he had not expected his son to be capable of doing such horrible things. Aizawa moved to arrest Misa and Light after taking everything but the pieces of the Death notes to the trunk of his cop car.

Aizawa states that Misa was unlikely to receive more then a few years in jail for the tapes. Light, however, wasn't expected to get anything less than a lifetime in prison, ironic considering that his whole plan was killing criminals, now he would live with them, if he got to live at all.

It took several days for things to quiet down, as the taskforce filed everything and L wrote up his report for Wammys future detectives to review.

After a hectic couple of days as the men moved their stuff out of L's building now that it was safe for them to go home, everyone went their separate ways.

It made me wonder what I was going to do now, since it seemed unlikely that I would be sent back home myself.

I heard someone walking up to me from where I was sitting on my 9th story balcony. I didn't need to look up to know that it was the man I had promised to save.

"You know that your welcome to stay here (First Name). Since it doesn't seem like you'll be able to return to your world." I turned to face him as he crouched down beside me.

"Thank you L. I really appreciate it."

"I'm the one who should be thanking you. I knew from the beginning of this case, that I would've probably died. I was prepared for it. My successors are ready to take on the mantle of being L as long as they work together." I couldn't help but laugh.

"Don't you know that Mello hates Near? He wouldn't have worked with him anyway. In the anime he refused, and left Wammys, ended up joining the mafia."

"I had wanted them to work last their differences. Alone I don't feel either of them is ready. Mello is too emotional and is more of a fight now, talk later type."

"I admit I didn't watch very many episodes after you died, but I do remember Mello being more aggressive than Near. He had gotten the idea to kidnap Director Kitamura, in order to force the taskforce to trade the Death Note with them. That failed because Light killed him, then Mello kidnapped Sayu instead. He was successful that time, Mr Yagami made the trade. Don't know much of what happened after that, though. I do know that Mello confronts Near at some point in order to retrieve a photo of him, in turn Mello tells Near about Shinigami. I also know Matt is killed by a group of police officers for being anti-Kira. And Near eventually catches Light and his worshipper, a guy named Mikami, who is actually rather creepy with his worship. Actually called Light God and would yell delete whenever he wrote a name in the Death Note. Light's ultimate fate was to be shot by Matsuda and try to run off only to die an another warehouse after Ryuk kills him."

"Hmm. I wanted them to work together because I feel that two people working together are better than one. I always worked alone, and since I have so much work to do I don't have any time to rest when I have a case. Regardless of popular belief, I do need to sleep, I just have to work as long as I can. That's why I always drink so much coffee with sugar. To stay awake."

"It might not be much, but I can help you with filing or writing reports, and you can use me as a sounding board if you need it. I'm not as smart as you are, but I'm willing to do whatever I can to lighten your workload, and you can always come to me if you need a something to relieve stress."

"Thank you." He smiled slightly as he took my hand in his, causing me to blush. "I will admit, I have offered for you to stay here for purely selfish reasons. The truth is that I have fallen in love with you, and I was hoping you would be willing to teach me what love is like." I smiled brightly at him.

"I'd be happy to teach you L. I love you."

"I love you too."

Warping into the Death Note world was the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I know that I'll never regret that.