Dancing part 2

I remember how it all began.

(Flashback)

It's been a few weeks since L and I got together.

We have returned to England, staying in the orphanage where he was raised. He decided to take a break from being L and was working on preparing his successors to take over.

We are still working on cases as Deneuve, but Mello and Near have taken over the L and Eraldo Coil personas.

I had noticed that I was feeling odd lately. I've been feeling miserable during the mornings, but I'm always fine by afternoon. I've also been sore and feeling a little more tired than normal.

Initially I figured that the fatigue was caused by the difficulty of the Kira Case, with the stress and the long hours spent working on proving Light's and Misa's guilt.

However, I later determined that this wasn't the case, so I went to the infirmary while L was meeting with the boys to assist them with the case.

It was after being tested that I was told that I was pregnant.

Now, I had been a bit worried at first, but it wasn't the fear of L's reaction. We had talked about the future and know that we do want to start a family eventually. 

However, we wanted to wait until he felt that the boys were ready to take over, and to spend some more time together before we wed and had a child.

How will L feel to find that he will be a father before we had planned?

(Flashback end)

He was surprised by the announcement, but happy, nonetheless. 

We decided that it would be more beneficial to start our family early due to the need for a baby boom around the world. Most countries that were affected by the Kira Case was encouraging people to have children.

There had also been an adoption boom as couples seeking a child were introducing orphans into their families.

Wammys has witnessed many of their new or younger kids adopted. Especially those who hadn't yet entered the detective program.

L and the boys have been supporting me through the whole pregnancy, even making sure I ate mostly  healthy foods, even though our baby seemed to have inherited L's desire for nothing but sweets. Though he did help those cravings with strawberries and bananas.

When it was finally time to find out the gender, we learned that our firstborn would be a girl.

With Matt's help we began shopping online for everything our little girl will require. Mello helped me go out to find some clothes for her, while Near and L went toy shopping.

 "Our baby is going to be spoiled before she is even born!" I laughed as we revealed our purchases to each other.

I smiled as Lawliet showed me a teddy bear with a tiara that read "Mummys Princess."

He grinned in turn when I showed him a pink onesie that read "Daddy's little cupcake."

L and the boys worked together between cases to paint the nursery of our new home, just down the road from the orphanage.

They wouldn't allow me help with the decorating. L was wanting to surprise me once it was prepared.

Once it was finished, he led me into the nursery, which had a candy theme. The walls were a pale pink, with white furniture. There was an ice cream themed mobile hanging above the crib, which had a strawberry cupcake baby blanket in it. The walls had various treats painted on them. I could see chocolate bars, gummy bears, lollipops, cotton candy and gingerbread men just to name a few. 

The chair that was positioned a few feet away from the crib had a chocolate cupcake pillow on it.

I smiled at my boyfriend, tears in my eyes as I pictured the three of us in this room together.

I could just picture Lawliet and I sitting in this room as we watch our baby roll over for the first time, or sit up or crawl. I could see a little girl with his unkempt raven hair and my eyes playing games with her daddy. Working on puzzles with Near, or playing age appropriate video games with Matt as he instructs her on how to use controllers.

I could even visualize her with Mello, sharing chocolate while she tells him about kids teasing her and him getting protective of her.

I could see all of us as the family L informed me that he has always wanted. It's a vision I can't wait to make happen.

(Time skip)

Now, it's almost time to greet our baby girl. It has been a long labor, but I was delighted that I wasn't alone. L stayed to offer me his strength and love as I worked on bringing a new life into this world.

I couldn't fathom what I would do without this  magnificent man by my side.

"I love you." I whispered between contractions. He smiled as he gently rubbed my forehead as I gave another push.

"You are doing well Sweetheart. I love you too." He replied.

There was another contraction, and I could hear the doctor's voice, though I couldn't make out the words as I was hit with an unimaginable pain.

Just when I thought I couldn't take anymore, the pain receded and I overheard one of the most beautiful sounds in the world. My baby's first cry. L wiped my forehead once again before leaning down to press a kiss to my cheek.

Through heavy eyelids I took in the image of my beloved Lawliet cradling our child for the first time, his face lit up in wonder and pure joy as his dark eyes gazed at the precious bundle in his arms.

I now understand what older women meant when they talk about the image of a man and his precious child. There are no words strong enough to convey just how beautiful the scene is.

So long as I live, my family will never be harmed by anyone like Light Yagami ever again. I will do everything in my power to defend those two precious people I love so much.