Journal Part 4

(October 24th)

(Your pov)

The interview was going pretty well so far.

I was sitting in front of the now seven members of the secret meetings, since Hatori was killed by Kira for wanting to leave the group.

Luckily, Aiber was here as well, playing his role as Eraldo Coil. It was the only reason L was allowing me to be here in the first place.

I also had Matsuda acting as my overly positive and energetic agent. I think L gave him the job, not only because he had been the one to put us in this situation, but to also get him out of headquarters for a while.

We were taking a break, and I was in the ladies restroom to fix my make up. In reality I was taking the moment to calm my racing heart. 

I had been keeping an eye on Higuchi, and he was really creeping me out.

I would not be surprised if he wanted to get a hold of me because of my sister's popularity overseas.

The men had been talking about trying to branch out into other countries, mostly the U.S. and Europe, which are areas where my twin sister is very popular.

I was looking down at the sink in thought when I felt someone touch me with what felt like a small piece of paper. I looked up into the mirror and nearly screamed in fright.

Honestly, I would have, if the large white creature in front of me hadn't covered my mouth.

The creature told me that it wasn't going to harm me; it merely wanted to talk. She knew I wasn't my sister, and she admitted to seeing me with L, whom she followed after Misa was arrested at To Oh.

The being was a Shinigami, and her name is Rem. She had been the Shinigami who was with Misa Amane, and she wanted to thank me for not letting Misa be killed as Kira.

She was friends with the blonde, and she didn't like how Light Yagami threatened to kill her. She also explained that he got the Shinigami to promise to kill L if Misa's life was threatened.

However, since Misa was not going to be executed, she wanted to help me take out the original Kira so he can't hurt her like the other criminals. She fears that Misa will be killed if Light regains his power.

Rem told me to watch for her in the interview room. She will be standing behind the current Kira.

I asked her if I could tell L about our conversation. She told me I could but only him. She doesn't trust the others, especially Light Yagami.

I waited for a few minutes after Rem left.

I took a deep breath as I entered the room, apologising for making them wait.

I glanced around the room and saw Rem standing behind a smug looking Higuchi.

I finished the interview with a sample commercial and was given the job. Kida was the one to tell me what the commercial was for and told me that they wanted me to start on Monday and where they wanted to go for my make-up and outfit.

I left the room to meet up with Matsui and gave him a nod and smile as we left the building, with him eagerly going over everything this could do for getting me a good start in Japan.

We entered the monitor room together and let the men know of our success.

Even though I was exhausted; the interview had taken nearly the whole afternoon; I knew that I had to wait for the men to either head home or up to their floors.