Concern

(L's pov)

I watched her as she carefully made her way into the school, with her head held high.

What happened to her?

At first glance, she seems fine. Perhaps a little tired, but that could be dismissed as a late night of studying.

However, I am able to see the signs that something is wrong.

Her eyes are dull this morning, almost dead. Her eyes are normally so bright and full of energy. 

Today it appears as though her energy has been zapped away, being taken by something else.

Most likely the facade that everything is okay.

She is walking with a very slight limp. Not the kind of limp someone would have if they have a broken leg or a sprain. It's more like the limp you have when you've strained your muscles of are otherwise injured.

She's favoring her left leg, only stepping forward in small, controlled steps using her right leg.

I have watched her from afar for 2 1/2 years now.  Ever since we started high school together.

I haven't talked to her much, only having a handful of classes with her. I'm too shy to initiate a conversation with a girl as beautiful as (First name).

"Watching her again Ryuzaki?" I heard from beside me. My friend Light Yagami, stood by his locker, grabbing the books he needs for his morning classes.

"Something's wrong. I need to find out what." 

"I can ask Misa to find out. They are best friends after all." He replied. His girlfriend, Misa Amane was the only person in the school (First name) seemed to open up  to. If anyone could find out what happened, it'll be her.

(Your pov)

I'm so glad it's cold out today. I would've had to skip school otherwise. I'm lucky I can hide everything beneath my jeans and sweatshirt.

Yesterday was the first time my mother ever physically attacked me. She usually stuck to verbal abuse, telling me that I was worthless or unlovable.

Verbal attacks are easy to ignore, physical ones, not so much.

I turned my head and smiled slightly when I heard the familiar squeal of my best friend.

Misa is a beautiful girl inside and out. Her hyperactive, childlike personality was like a breath of fresh air in my otherwise dark and dreary world. Her constant joy always seems to rub off on my and makes me feel better.

I can never truly be upset when I'm hanging out with her. She just exudes a happy aura that can lift my  mood without her even trying.

 "(First nam)! There you are!" She called for me as she skidded to a stop in front of me. I giggled.

"Morning Misa. See any hot guys for me lately?" I asked. She was always trying to find me a boyfriend  because I 'need to get out of that horrible stuffy house and have some fun'.

"As a matter of fact I have. I think he'll be perfect for you. You know my boyfriend Light?" I nodded, wondering where she was going with this.

"He has a friend that has had his eyes on you for  years now. The thing is, Ryuzaki is super shy."

"A guy that's shy? Never heard of that. What's he like?"