Heck of a way to die

(Your pov)

It was a heck of a way to die, and to think this all started five months ago.

(Flashback)

I was returning to taskforce after my doctor's appointment. I was looking forward to telling my husband the news.

Three years ago I married my long-time boyfriend and childhood best friend L.

I arrived, but was worried by the eerie darkness of headquarters. Something was wrong.

It took me longer than normal to reach the monitor room, and I wished I hadn't.

I had been looking forward to seeing the man I loved, but not like this. He was in Light's arms, eyes closed, and not moving. At all.

My husband was dead.

I took him from Light, and the men left me to grieve in peace as they searched the building for the Shinigami who took my husband from me.

"Why did this have to happen to you, my love. Life was finally looking up for us. You always wanted a family, to be a father. We were going to have that too." I spoke softly as I held him close, taking a shuddering breath.

"The doctor told me I was two months along. You would have been an amazing dad. If only you weren't taken away from us Sweetheart. We love you."

(Flashback end)

My husband's murder made me that much more determined to prove that Light was Kira. Light knew that I knew he was behind L's death. He had been watching me whenever I was at the new Headquarters.

After L and Watari died, the men decided not to continue working at our building. I had to admit that it didn't feel right without L there.

The next bout of bad luck happened a month after my husband was killed.

I woke up suddenly to intense pain in my stomach, and the sheets were covered in blood. I screamed in pain, and Mogi was the one to answer and drove me to the hospital.

I had miscarried. First my husband, and then my baby.

It has been a difficult four months after I lost my child, but now I had what I needed.

I just got off the plane in London and now I'm driving to Wammys house. I am heading to meet with Near, who is now working on the Kira Case in L's place.

I had uncovered Light's ultimate plan. I was at a red light, so I grabbed a new invention of Watari's that would connect me directly to Near so I could talk to him without a cell phone.

I told the teenager what I had overheard Light Yagami talking to Misa Amane. I began by telling him about L and my suspicion that they were the original and second Kira. I told him what Matsuda told me about how L and Watari died, and my suspicions on the subject.

"I heard Light two weeks ago. It was late at night, but I wasn't able to sleep. I was up and heading to the kitchen for a drink. Light and Misa were in another room, and he was telling her how they deserved some servants. He was saying that now that L was dead it was time to start their God propaganda."

I hung up shortly after that, since I wasn't very far from Wammys now. I was startled suddenly by a truck in the other lane that was swerving into my lane. I swerved to avoid a collision, and ended up clipping the truck, going into a tailspin, before careening into a ditch where my side of the car slammed into a large tree.

I was barely able to get out of the car and realized that my leg was practically crushed, but I managed to belly crawl away from my car when it suddenly exploded and everything faded to black.

I woke up in a cheery looking waiting room and the first thing I noticed was that my injury is fully healed. I stood up when my true name was called and I followed the pretty young woman to a room where an older woman was sitting behind a desk.

She told me that I had died in the explosion, and that she was looking over my life file. She asked me a few questions about some moments of my life, and made notes. She told me that I was destined for heaven, and she told me that when I arrive, I am supposed to head through the fourth door for further instruction.

I obeyed the woman, since I had nothing else to go on, and I entered another waiting room where I was sent to an angel who explained how heaven works, she gave me a house key and told me where I would find my new home.

Upon entering my new home, I was met with the most amazing, most wonderful sight.

It was L, with his unmistakably messy black hair and pale skin.

He turned when he heard the door open, and I saw that he was holding a small bundle in his arms. He gave me a bright smile, his eyes shining in more happiness than I had seen since the day we got married.

"(First Name)! We've been waiting for you. I want you to meet our son."