Untitled Part 18

Misa was more energetic than she normally was. She was literally bouncing off the walls for the last hour, Looking like a hyperactive child with a sugar rush.

L left the room, and all of a sudden she stopped her bouncing. 

Instead, she took over one of the computers, looking up new videos. A loud squeal told the men she had found what she was looking for.

Light walked over, curious about what had her attention.  

It was a music video, titled 'Who Am I?'. The girl in the video was wearing pink and white dress, with pink platforms and a white bow headwrap. She was singing about trying to figure out who she was and wondering what she was supposed to do with her life.

L walked back in and froze at the sound of the voice from the singer in the video.

"Is that (First Name)?" The detective asked.

"Yeah, she just released two new songs." Misa replied.

"Restart the video. I want to see it."

"Sure. I didn't know you were a (First Name) fan."

"Yes. I love her music. It's like she knows how I feel. I've been a fan of hers ever since I first found her video for 'Loss of Innocence'." L replied.

By this point, the entire taskforce had stopped what they were doing, and crowded around the monitors, leading the insomniac to stream the video on the larger screen.

"Isn't that the video where she was talking about the  death of her parents?" Matsuda asked.

"Yeah. She's the kind of singer who speaks about her life through songs. Or about things she feels deeply about. I can understand that."

No more words were spoken as the video played on the main screen. Her next video popped up, called 'Looking for Myself'. This time she was wearing black and purple gothic corset dress with a black headband and purple heels.

The video had her wandering through a large house, singing and opening doors where she would find various childhood scenes. Some scenes had young girls that looked like they could be a young (First Name), wearing pretty dresses in light colors like pink and yellow. These scenes would include loving parents enjoying the day with their daughter.

Later in the video, the girls became a bit older, transitioning to darker colors like she wore in the video, each girl sat alone, looking sad and lonely. The video  . finished with her sitting on the stairs with tears in her eyes as she sang about not being able to find herself and how she fears the loneliness.

(Misa's pov)

I can see why she is so popular. I can truly understand the meaning behind that song.

After my parents were killed, I felt exactly like that. I was alone, and trying to figure out what I should do.

How would I survive alone with no one for support?

It was made worse when the man who killed my parents almost got away with his crime, at least until Kira killed him. 

I thought finding Kira was my purpose, to help him  cleanse  the world of evil people so others would not have to suffer as I had.

I turned to look at everyone else and noticed that Ryuzaki was staring at the monitor with tears in his eyes. 

I had never seen him show any emotion before, so seeing  this really spoke to me.