Difficult Choice

Prompt: Write about a time you had to make a difficult choice.

Ship: none really, but minor L x reader.

(Misa's pov)

I was the second Kira.

What should I do?

Today is October 24th and I am on my way back to taskforce headquarters after my interview with Yotsuba.

I have just found about that my somewhat boyfriend is the original Kira and that we both lost our memories. The Shinigami I met in the bathroom told me that Light wants to kill L.

L is the detective who is after Kira. He is also (Alias)'s boyfriend, and she is my best friend.

(Alias) is not only the only other girl in the building, she is a kind girl who does is always willing to listen when someone is having a problem. She always helps me when I'm having relationship problems.

She isn't a fan of Kira, but she understands why I am. She doesn't hate me for feeling indebted to the man who punished my parents killer.

Even though I love Light, I know that he doesn't love me. (Alias) has even admitted that he has

told L that he didn't feel the same way.

Even now, without our memories, Light is pretty distant with me. He doesn't look at me like L looks at (Alias).

I have decided on what I should do. I can only hope I'm not too late.

I pull out my cellphone to type out a message.

(Alias pov)

I was sitting next to my boyfriend as we waited for Misa to return. I was drinking (favorite drink) when I felt my cellphone vibrate in my pocket. I opened it up to see a text.

Gothic Angel: (Alias), on my way back now. Need to talk to you, tell Ryu turn off wiretaps. Very important that Light doesn't find out. You can tell Ryu when you are alone.

I glanced around at everyone else in the room to make sure nobody was paying attention to me or L, before using my foot to discreetly tap on his. He turns his gaze towards me, and I show him the message. I receive a raised eyebrow as if the detective was asking me what Misa wants. I shrug in response. L nods and pressed a button on his computer as I put my phone away.

A few minutes later Misa and Mogi return to tell us that the mission was successful then Misa declares the need for girl talk as she grabs my hand and rushes to the elevator.

We enter her room and she quietly asks if L turned the wiretaps off. I smile in response, as we sit down for what turns out to be a very interesting and informative discussion.

A couple of hours later I find myself in L's bedroom, waiting for the sugar loving detective to arrive. He walked in and crouched down beside me on the bed.

"What did Misa want?"

"Misa told me something very interesting that happened while she was fixing her makeup."

"Oh really?" He asked in a bored tone. "Did she take the wrong lipstick?" I laughed.

"No. She met a Shinigami." He looked up suddenly, staring at me with wide eyes.

"Apparently. This Shinigami, named Rem, told her some things that has led her to turning face. She asked me to talk to you first, and if you're willing to head her out, she will help us solve the case."