Midnight Snack

While your boyfriend was a genius, he didn't know anything about cooking.

You remember when you were teenagers at Wammys house, and he had tried to surprise you with a plate of spaghetti.

He ended up catching the kitchen on fire trying to boil the water.

Needless to say, Watari had banished him from the kitchen.

Now, you are both fully grown, and working away from the orphanage you grew up in.

You were not surprised to find yourself alone in the hotel suites only bedroom, since you figured L was still working on the kidnapping case you were working on.

The clock on his rarely used side of the bed tells you that it is three in the morning.

You sigh and stand up, thinking that you might as well check on you boyfriend since you're up.

Walking to the front room where you are both usually working, you find it empty, but you heard someone humming in the small kitchen.

You were surprised to see L standing in front of the stove, flipping a perfectly round pancake as if he was an expert.

"What are you doing Sweetheart?" You asked him as you walked farther into the room.

"I'm making pancakes (First Name). Want some? They're delicious." You looked over at the plate beside the stove, where you could count five perfect looking pancakes.

You walk closer to him as he puts the last pancake on top of the stack.

You watch with a little concern as his head slumps as he puts the pan on an unused burner.

You turn the burner off and grab a second plate, putting half of the pancakes on it. You turn to hand him the plate when you notice something strange.

L's eyes were closed, and he looks like someone who fell asleep standing up.

"Lolly?" You asked in worry. He turns very slightly.

"Yes (First Name)?" He questions, sounding no different than he had been a few minutes earlier. You blinked in surprise.

That certainly explained how he was suddenly able to cook without catching the hotel room on fire.

He was sleep cooking.

You smile and lead him to the table, where you cover his pancakes in banana slices and plenty of syrup.

You watch him eat his late night snack, before tentatively trying the pancake yourself.

They really were delicious and soon the pancakes were all gone and L was moments away from laying his head on the syrup covered plate.

You led the sleeping detective to the bedroom and cuddled up to him as you went back to sleep.

(Time skip)

You woke up a few hours later and left your boyfriend to continue sleeping.

You found Watari in the kitchen, cleaning the dishes you left when you put L to bed.

You ended up telling the older man what you woke up to find last night, and you could tell that he was just as surprised as you were.

You both looked up to see the man in question enter the kitchen, rubbing his eyes tiredly, asking for some coffee.

"That's strange. I had a dream about having pancakes, but I'm not hungry." L told you after he had been a bit more awake.

"I'm not surprised your not hungry."

"Why not? I'm always hungry after sleeping at night."

"You don't remember?"

"Remember what?"

"That wasn't a dream L. You made pancakes last night."

"That's impossible. I can't cook."

"Apparently you can when your asleep. I woke up last night, and you were making pancakes. They were absolutely delicious." You replied, watching as he stared into his coffee in thought.

"I wish I could have seen that."

"I'll make sure to put surveillance cameras in the kitchen for now on."

(Bonus)

It's been five years since the pancake incident, as you have been calling it, and now you were sitting with L in the monitor room.

The Kira case had been pretty slow lately, you figured the new Kira decided to fly under the radar for a while.

You and L were watching surveillance taken from the from the kitchen last night, where you caught you husband making waffles.

He turned to you as it ended.

"I now see what you mean (First Name)." He said as he stuck his lower lip out, turning back to the monitor.

You giggled at your pouting husband, as you gently rubbed your slightly round stomach.

"Your daughter certainly enjoyed the waffles last night."

The detective turned towards you with a happy smile as he kissed your forehead, laying his hand on your stomach.

"I love you (First Name)."

"We love you too."