Invisible Part 1

Prompt: You go for a walk and bump into someone. They feel the bump, but can't see or hear you.

I had been working very hard lately on the Kira Case and was having trouble focusing on the report I was trying to write up, so I decided to take a short break and go for a walk to clear my head.

It was pretty late by the time I departed from my house, so there wasn't very many people still out.

I just wandered the familiar streets as I observed the small handful of people I came across.

Some were wealthy businessmen, leaving the local office after dull meetings that went on a bit too long. There were people that were coming out of bars, holding their drunken friends upright while calling for a taxi. There was even one young anxious lady entering a small store on the obscure corner, for a quick errand she may have forgotten to do today.

I could just imagine that these people I wistfully watched were both lucky and unlucky at the same time.

This causes me to think. Is ignorance truly bliss?

Many of these people have likely heard of Kira by now. They're equally likely to believe themselves safe from his power as long as they are good people, leading virtuous lives.

Who is to say what that means, though? How long will it take before Kira becomes tired of killing off major criminals?

I'm interrupted from my profound thoughts when I bump into someone.

He, for the person was certainly masculine, was tall. I could tell he was because I had struck his chest, and I am an average height for a woman.

The man was pale, with messy thick black hair, dark eyes with noticeable eye bags. He wore plain clothes, a longsleeved white shirt and jeans. 

I stood up and held my hand out to him.

"Are you alright there? I sincerely apologize for bumping into you. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I informed him.

I cautiously lowered my hand when I didn't get an answer.

Instead, the man simply shook his head in confusion as he looked around, he didn't even seem to notice me, even though I was right in front of him.

"That was unusual. I felt something impact me. But what was it? There isn't anything here that I could have run into." I overheard him mumble to himself, as he stood up.

"Can't you see me? I'm standing in front of you!" I stated, a little louder than I had spoken a minute ago.

Now I was the one confused, because it was apparent that he could feel bump me into him, but he can't see or hear me.

How did that happen? And how do I become visible again? 

I have no idea what happened to me or what I am supposed to do, so I carefully decide to just follow this stranger. So far, he has been the only one has even noticed me, even if it was just feeling me knock him over.

I have nowhere else to go, because I'm not eager to go back to working on my police report.

Who knows? This invisible thing could be intriguing.

(Time skip)

It has been barely a month since I bumped into the stranger, which turns out to be L, the genius detective we have been working with.

(Flashback)

After following the strange man for a while, I felt that my head was cleared up enough to finish my report. I was part of the team focusing on the time of death of each criminal. I wrote up not only the specific time each individual died, but anything significant I could uncover about their deaths, even talking to the guards that found them.